Honored Contributor

I'm Having A Covid 19 Test Today

I've been so tired for the last few days it's been hard to keep my eyes open in the afternoon.  Last night I went to bed at 6:15 and slept until my alarm went off at 7:00 this morning.  Someone was scheduled to spray outside my house so I had to get up.  I cancelled that appointment.

I also have a sore throat and have had some headaches.  I'm always congested anyway so not sure about that.  I just want to make sure I don't have it before I visit my sister and her family or go anywhere else.

I'm having it at CVS pharmacy, and they say the results will be back in 2-3 days.  I just hope I'll be able to swab my nose correctly.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Having A Covid 19 Test Today

Good luck.  The test is really nothing.  I doubt you will have any problem.  The swab test is just sticking the swab in one nostril and swirling it around for 10 seconds, then doing the same in the other nostril.  

Fingers crossed for good results.  Hopefully it's just allergies or a summer cold.

Regular Contributor

Good luck to you.  Hopefully you will find out what is causing your issues.  If Covid, sending a prayer for a good outcome.

Honored Contributor

I hope you get good news.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm having one today too. I've been tired for the past couple of days like you and Tuesday and Wednesday I was running a bit of a fever but not today. I'm having it done at CVS. I made an appointment yesterday and when I arrived I was told the nurse wouldn't be in until sometime after noon or whenever the h*** she felt like it so I made another appointment at a different CVS for this morning. Hopefully this nurse feels like coming in. I thought about canceling because I'm not running a fever anymore but since it's only a 5 minute drive I figured why not. Better safe than sorry.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack   I have had 3 COVID 19 tests.  One back in early March because my white blood cell count was up and my doctor told me to go to the ER to get checked out.  It was negative.  Then I had 2 more because I was receiving lumbar epidurals.  I know one thing, you don't need to go up to the moon when doing the test like some people do to you.  I had one woman that went almost to top and came back down with no pain (that was in the nose).  Good luck to you.  I hope you are okay.  Take care.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Good luck and I hope it is only allergies, I am in NY and the pollen count has been very high

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Good luck with the test.  I think you'll do fine!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack and @Meowingkitty I hope you both get negative test results, and start feeling better soon.  The next few days will be a worrisome wait.  🌷🙏

Respected Contributor

Hope you feel better soon and keep us posted about the results.