Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Confused. WHY do this ...? Dead Branches ..

@RinaRina  I definitely would Not thank them.  Just keep throwing them away like you're doing.  They aren't doing this to be nice.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I would throw them back over to their yard.

Respected Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

Hi friends,

Remember the "falling tree" problem I had with my neighbor?  (My neighbor's dying, diseased trees fell in my yard 5 years apart, damaged my house & my property and my neighbor HAPPILY said, "your insurance will pay for it."  He offered no help and no apology.)

Yesterday, when I got home, I found a neat pile of dead branches in my yard.

It was nice of them to do the clean up (for a change), since they've neglected to do so all the years they've been living next to me, and the issue did come up in our legal settlement.

However, I don't understand why someone would pile their dead branches in MY yard.

Yes, their tree debris was in my driveway, but, if you're gonna go thru the trouble, then why not put the branches in a storage bag or simply put them in the trash (which is what I ended up doing).

Did they think they were being "nice"?

I don't think so.

@RinaRina with regard to your neighbors' tree(s) damaging your home, shouldn't their insurance cover repairs?  If you make a claim under your insurance your premiums may go up. Not familiar with previous posts so maybe this was settled through your legal action?

I think them piling the branches on your driveway was on purpose and not to be nice. Jmho. I'd probably let it go. 

Esteemed Contributor

Since you are not sure of their motives....I would just quietly dispose of them myself....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kalli wrote:

@RinaRina with regard to your neighbors' tree(s) damaging your home, shouldn't their insurance cover repairs?  If you make a claim under your insurance your premiums may go up. Not familiar with previous posts so maybe this was settled through your legal action?

I think them piling the branches on your driveway was on purpose and not to be nice. Jmho. I'd probably let it go. 

Of course, my premium would go up.  It happened the 1st time their tree fell and I paid for everything.

It saddens me to realize that so much time has gone by since their 2nd tree fell (April) in my yard and these people are STILL angry at me.  Yet, I'm the one who could've been killed. They know I had just moved my car 10 minutes before the tree fell.  

It is my property that was destroyed, and I still haven't done all the repairs (their insurance check didn't cover all my expenses).   They have totally disregarded the dangers & distruction to my property and are only thinking about themselves.

Psychopath:

-Having a poor inner sense of right and wrong.

-Having the inability to understand or share another person’s feelings.

-Lack of empathy

-Having no conscience

"Pillars of the community" -- nice!

SMH ...

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Valued Contributor

@RinaRina trust me I know how you feel. I have neighbors on either side of me that I could tell stories about for days.

All I will tell you is to ignore them the best you can, those people tend to misbehave the more attention they get. And as we all know moving is a lot easier said than done.

Respected Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

@Kalli wrote:

Of course, my premium would go up.  It happened the 1st time their tree fell and I paid for everything.

It saddens me to realize that so much time has gone by since their 2nd tree fell (April) in my yard and these people are STILL angry at me.  Yet, I'm the one who could've been killed. They know I had just moved my car 10 minutes before the tree fell.  

It is my property that was destroyed, and I still haven't done all the repairs (their insurance check didn't cover all my expenses).   They have totally disregarded the dangers & distruction to my property and are only thinking about themselves.

Psychopath:

-Lack of empathy

-Having no conscience

SMH ...

@RinaRina I'm sorry this situation is happening to you. I thought, too, that they have some mental problems as indicated by their leaving the pile on your driveway. Try to keep your distance if at all possible. 

Honored Contributor

@Kalli wrote:

@RinaRina wrote:

@Kalli wrote:

Psychopath:

-Lack of empathy

-Having no conscience

SMH ...

@RinaRina I'm sorry this situation is happening to you. I thought, too, that they have some mental problems as indicated by their leaving the pile on your driveway. Try to keep your distance if at all possible. 

You misunderstood. The neighbors didn't leave the branches on the OP's driveway; they removed them from her driveway and placed them beside it. Perhaps they thought she would want them for her fireplace. 

Respected Contributor

@Kalli wrote:

Re:  Mental problems

Other neighbors have brought this to my attention.

These folks (with the trees) have held a grudge against the neighbor on the other side for years because of her fence.  Only the children speak to her, but not the adults.

In my case, the children have been instructed not to speak to me.

Many years ago, one of the "X"-BFs told me "the whole family is screwed up".   I never saw him again.

I took it as a "warning" and always tried to stay on their good side.

I realize, no family is perfect, but something is wrong with these people.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

I'm a little confused and admit I haven't read all of the responses and follow-ups, but I don't know if that pile of branches came from  a tree that's on the neighbor's side and they actually fell onto the neighbor's lawn -  in which case putting them onto OP's property would be ugly character and propbably illegal. 

If, on the other hand, the tree is on the neighbor's lawn, but drops its branches and debris onto her property, they have no obligation to do the clean-up and piling the branches to make them easier to dispose of seems like a peace offering to me.