Respected Contributor

Re: I'm Confused. WHY do this ...? Dead Branches ..

To do the deminimous and say s___w you.

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

@RinaRina I understand how you feel.I imagine they did feel that they were helping out but it sure would have been nice if they got rid of the branches.I think if it is difficult for you to cut them up why not ask them if they would mind doing that next time and put them in the trash.But be sure to thank them for helping to clean up and I am sure they will be more likely to continue.

Done!  Thanks.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I would not say anything to them but Thank You for putting your branches in a pile for me, it makes it so much easier for me to dispose of.  I think your neighbors are looking to get even.

Done!  Thanks.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

do you have any trees that go into their yard?

Honored Contributor

What falls in your yard belongs to you, branches, apples, peaches, or, if it's a money tree, the cash. Those who have fire places, fire pits would want those branches to burn. Cleaning them off from your driveway was kind of them but not required.

Respected Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

Nope.

Many years ago, another neighbor brought the age & size of the trees to my attention.   We both had all of our trees cut down.

The tree company that hauled the tree away told me some of the oak trees in our area are pre-civil war.  If they're not diseased, they just fall due to old age.

Over the summer, a 300 year old tree fell on a government worker working on the sidewalk.  So unfortunate ... he was young and had 3 kids.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

My new neighbors have started doing something similar.  We have condos and my sidewalk runs past their garden, which has a tall maple tree that drops branches and twigs.  Their idea of cleaning up the branches in their garden is to pile them on my sidewalk.  They're young (20's or 30's) and not very considerate.  I quietly pick up the branches, cut them up, and dispose of them.  There are fights I could pick with them, but this isn't one of them.

@ValuSkr I clearly get the 'pick your battles' thing... But why wouldn't your condo association be responsible for this kind of clean-up? It wouldn't seem like either of you should have to do it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb  You're right - the association landscapers should take care of that.  But this is a very woodsy community and it's near impossible for them to keep up with the smaller branches and twigs and other stuff that falls from trees.  Left alone, they might get to it eventually but there's no guarantee.  I could call the office but it's usually easier to dispose of it myself.  I pick my battles with the office too - don't want to bother them with nuisance stuff like this.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

@lovescats wrote:

Nope.

Many years ago, another neighbor brought the age & size of the trees to my attention.   We both had all of our trees cut down.

The tree company that hauled the tree away told me some of the oak trees in our area are pre-civil war.  If they're not diseased, they just fall due to old age.

Over the summer, a 300 year old tree fell on a government worker working on the sidewalk.  So unfortunate ... he was young and had 3 kids.

If it was me I'd put the stuff back in the neighbor's yard but  then...

Honored Contributor

You mentioned legal action, it sounds like this is an "in your face" response to that.  Don't say anything, just dispose of the branches the way you are doing.