Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm BALD!!!!!

[ Edited ]

Ummmmm......hello??! Why would you go back to someone who cut your hair so badly? Was she impaired? I ask that because figures I received a terrible haircut, come to find out the stylist was drunk. She looked a little inebriated but I really couldn't tell, until halfway through the haircut. Needless to say someone else took over. I never went back. I've been a hairdresser for 22 years and luckily I can say I've never done that to a client. I can't even imagine what happened. If you go back to her, caveat emptor. 

Respected Contributor

How frustrating and annoying for you! Been there. 

Honored Contributor

Just step out of your comfort zone and wear that short style. I have very fine hair and have always worn it very short. I now wear an undercut which means its shaved close to my head and long on top. I chose this style on purpose and love it! I color it blonde and have some low lights thrown in for good measure. Don't sulk about a haircut. It's HAIR. It drives me crazy how anyone has a fit about short hair. Just because you're a woman doesn't mean you must wear it long. I prefer to look up-to-date and chic. 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Sooo, what did the stylist say regarding the unfortunate event? Howdid this happen?
Was it a mis-communication on your part (not looking to place blame, but it's happened to me where stylists just speak their own language. I've asked for a look or technique, but to them it meant something else)- 

Was she distracted or off thinking about something else?? 
I cut my own hair now, and I have never been so happy with the cuts!

Honored Contributor

A family friend keeps a wig around just for things like this. She has had it happen before and was so upset. The wig is great for her while her hair grows out. It seems to be a really good idea.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

OP, what do you actually mean?  First you said that you're bald.  Bald to me is bald.  No hair at all and your entire scalp is skin.  Think Yul Brynner.

Then you said you have very little hair left.  So I'm confused.  Are you exaggerating a little bit?

I wear my hair what they call ultra short.  No shaving, no undercut, not interested in that, but really really short, but in no way am I bald.

I can't imagine what kind of haircut she gave you originally that the fix was to make you totally bald.  No way would she have gotten a 2nd chance on my hair.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh wrote:

OP, what do you actually mean?  First you said that you're bald.  Bald to me is bald.  No hair at all and your entire scalp is skin.  Think Yul Brynner.

Then you said you have very little hair left.  So I'm confused.  Are you exaggerating a little bit?

I wear my hair what they call ultra short.  No shaving, no undercut, not interested in that, but really really short, but in no way am I bald.

I can't imagine what kind of haircut she gave you originally that the fix was to make you totally bald.  No way would she have gotten a 2nd chance on my hair.  

@gidgetgh  - I thought it was just me that is not  understanding what the OP means.  I'm also not undertanding why she went totally bald to fix a bad haircut.  

Esteemed Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten Sorry to read about your predicament and some of the unkind responses here.

You can be grateful that you have naturally thick hair and that it grows fast.  Many struggle with these issues and you don't. 

But do not go back to that stylist.

If you are still thinking about using her again you are not thinking clearly.  There is no upside to going back to a stylist that messed your hair TWICE!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a feeling OP had longer hair.  Maybe just to her shoulders, maybe just above her shoulders.  But the first cut and then the *re-do* has left her with very short hair.  

I get it.  

You're used to feeling more hair when you go to shampoo and all of a sudden you feel like you're left with one to two to three inches of hair.

Of course she's not shaming anyone with short hair and she's not shaming anyone who has no hair.  She is just getting used to a much shorter hair cut.

Not every woman over 40/50/60 wants a *sassy/up to date* pixie.

It has to do with your type of hair, your features and bottom line....what you prefer.

I've had my hair cut short (my decision) and would wake up in the middle of the night and hoped it was a bad dream.  I wanted to like short hair (on me), but I didn't like it.

Some woman hate long hair on themselves and for some reason loathe long hair on other women.  

Never understood that thinking.

Respected Contributor

@elated wrote:

When I first read your story, I thought it was a,joke. I have never known a person who would go back to the scene of an accident just to make sure it happened. How bad was the haircut that you needed to go bald?? I am sorry but this makes no sense. Didn't you realize before you left the salon the haircut was a disaster. The stylist thought nothing about letting you walk out in public with this haircut. I would have been livid and never ever gone back. I would have called and wanted a refund.

well, you see, I explained why. did you not read my post?

So I went back to the gal who did the deed (in 10+ years, this is the first time this has happened)