Honored Contributor

Re: I just treated our mail carrier

@wismiss wrote:

@rms1954, I would acknowledge the two people at Wal-Mart in whatever manner you choose.  I am sure any act of kindness would be appreciated.    This is a stressful time for many, including those who are still working.  IMO we all need to be more thoughtful, kind, and understanding of others, especially now.

I plan on doing this tomorrow.  I just hope they are not hesitant on taking them and hope they are there also.  The Walmart is not right in our city but I'll have to drive 20 minutes so they are pretty close.  I just don't want them to be worried about touching the gift card.  But at least they can clean them with sanitizer.  Maybe I will do that myself and drop them in a plastic baggie.  

Honored Contributor

I had a fed ex woman deliver a 200 pound purchase I made.   She did have a dolly and I told her no need to be careful with the 5 boxes, it wasn't anything fragile.

I gave her a Visa gift card we got as a rebate for buying windshield wipers.  Worth $10.  I had it in a baggie and told her I would be so happy if she would take it for her trouble.

She was very appreciative!

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 

Personally, I would seek them out and a "apology & TY from the heart" would probably suffice.  I know it would be to me.

Plus, if I was going to give a card gift I would definitely be sure they can accept them, most employers have policy in place for "gifting".  Perhaps explain to manager of store prior to giving to them.

You obviously have a caring & thoughtful heart🌹🌹

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@rms1954 

Personally, I would seek them out and a "apology & TY from the heart" would probably suffice.  I know it would be to me.

Plus, if I was going to give a card gift I would definitely be sure they can accept them, most employers have policy in place for "gifting".  Perhaps explain to manager of store prior to giving to them.

You obviously have a caring & thoughtful heart🌹🌹

Good idea!  I will do that.  I've been on the other side, so if I can right a wrong I will do so.  I've been told by some that I worry too much about how other people feel but I know there is no such thing.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@rms1954   I would just forget it.  Your DH was probably not their first or last rude customer that day.  You shouldn't have to apologize for him.

I wouldn't go shopping with him again.  He appears to be a bully..to you and others. I would have walked out and left him in the store by himself.

I can't forget it.  It bothers me that they were treated that way, I don't care who it was.  Walking out would just set him off more.  I try not to do that.  I used to work in CS and know first-hand what it feels like to be treated badly, so I can relate.  I've talked to him about this in the past.  He says he understands, but his anger always takes over.  He always has to have his way.  He's so difficult to be around.  Especially at this time.  

Does it bother you that your husband treats you "that way" as well?  I sounds like you are scared of him.  

I don't expect an answer as the question is very personal.  I am sorry you have to live  with this man.  You clearly are way too good for him.

BTW..

I was a CSR for 25 years, so I have heard it all from angry customers.  But, I don't get paid to take heat from my DH and thankfully, he is a good, kind man..even when he is upset or angry and would never berate me. He was a police officer for 35 years and still works in law enforcement, so he has heard it all too.

I hope tomorrrow is a better day for you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm  That was so very sweet of you. Your kind and generous deed will most likely remain with her forever! 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Contributor

I was running low on supplies so decided to venture out to WalMart at 7am. I purchased a $25 WalMart gift card and gave it to the person who was checking me out. She didn't want to take it, but I asked her to please let me thank and bless her and she finally took it. 

I am still working part time everyday at our local credit union. They finally closed the lobby on Monday morning and we are helping our members and other credit union members thru the drive thru. I am kind of torn about working while this virus is out there, since I am 63, but I am thankful for the job and the opportunity to keep my mind occupied. Needless to say, we are washing our hands, wiping down surfaces and pens, and people have been patient with the lines.

Stay safe everyone!