Respected Contributor

Re: I just had to "treat" me๐Ÿš˜๐Ÿš˜๐Ÿš˜๐Ÿš˜

Way to go girl! Beautiful ride and you did it by yourself, YES๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1   Congrats on your new car! I can tell you are just over the moon Smiley Very Happy  I can also relate to your sporty side...

I've been driving my 1989 white Firebird since 1990 when I bought it 1 yr old for $7,999...nearly 30 years! No bells and whistles...just a radio with cassette player, a sunroof and roll down windows. I don't see myself ever driving anything else unless it falls apart and just can't be repaired. I will then have to find another old vehicle without all the new techy stuff...LOL

I just don't like all the distractions.

Today was beautiful...about 80 degrees and I went to pick up my new prescription eyeglasses. I had the sunroof up, window rolled down and Backstreet Boy's cassette tape 'Backstreet Boys 1997' playing with volume on max...

...tunes like 'We've got it going on' and 'Everybody'. This old lady was jammin' and rockin' out  ooonooo.gif

Esteemed Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS....... USE IT IN THE BEST OF HEALTH!!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Have FUN!! I drove Accords for 18 years . . . a new one every three years. Usually bought them over the phone. Haven't had a Honda in 21 years.

Sorta like I bought my car after the accident in December! Just wrote a check. Didn't have a clue how insurance was going to settle my former car and didn't care. Knew what I wanted and could barely get out of bed. My son sent me two pictures; one of two different vehicles from the dealership. That's all it took! Sometimes spur of the moment car purchases are the best way to make that big purchase.

Wise decision to wait for the black interior! Much more attractive with the gorgeous red. Heart

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I only buy from one of the big 3. Couldn't sleep at night driving something else. 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

Boy she sure is a beauty. Enjoy her. 

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1  Sweet ride you bought yourself there girl!  Sounds like a car shopping story of mine some years ago.

I had an 'itch' fo scratch via a Honda ragtop I just had to have. Love a convertible, a good friend of mine had one and just made me want one. One evening relaxing watching tv there it was in an ad on tv a Honda S2000 convertible at a dealership about 40 miles from us. I saw an ad for a light blue used one at the shop so I decided to drive myself to the dealership to check out the used one. Problem was there was a couple who decided to 'borrow' it for a weekend deciding if they wanted it. Well of course the salesguy said "we have a brand new one in silver grey you can check out".  Oh sure I told him, let's go sit in it. And so we did.

Before I knew it, here I was sitting in  his chair signing the papers to lease it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He actually let me leave my Rav 4 sit on his lot until the weekend when DH and I had to drive there to pick it up. I left the dealership driving down the highway passing all sorts of follks asking myself what the heck did you just do???? Weekend rolled around DH and I drove back to pick up my 'other car', DH drove it home of course for me while I left him in my dirt driving home in my new gorgeous ragtop!

Funny thing about my story, I got home of course, parked it in the garage. DH came home from work that night, pulled into the garage right next to my new wheels. Came inside, never said a word.

He did not even notice the Rav 4 wasn't there in lieu of my new convertible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Much smaller than my Rav (which I still have & drive to this day) he didn't even notice. I HAD to walk him back to the garage and show him just how my day was!!!!!!!!!  Yes he freaked out but I didn't care. This was my mid life crisis event, very fun for 5 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Certainly enjoy your new ride!

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

I've been driving my 1989 white Firebird since 1990 when I bought it 1 yr old for $7,999...nearly 30 years! No bells and whistles...just a radio with cassette player, a sunroof and roll down windows. I don't see myself ever driving anything else unless it falls apart and just can't be repaired. I will then have to find another old vehicle without all the new techy stuff...LOL

I just don't like all the distractions.

Awww, my favorite car!

My first 3 cars were Firebirds!

Don't you wish they brought them back?

QVC Customer Care

@homedecor1 wrote:

lI was on my way home from doctor appointment BUT just decided to stop by & see the car I've been "drooling" over for months.  Only problem, the interiors were tan I wanted black.

Today, I pulled in and my favorite salesman was back from his job at corporate in California Honda.  I was so happy to see him & within minutes I was excited to hear they finally had the car I really wanted -- Accord LX Sport with black interior.

I really tried to be strong & just "drool" yet as in all things I have no willpower๐Ÿ˜‰!   I think my spouse is kinda shocked I came home with it!

Now I need to get schooled on all the bells & whistles!!! And more importantly it's fast so gotta watch for the ๐Ÿš“ cuz I do have "lead foot"!  

E012AE83-EA5F-4051-A52D-7B71BD49E2A6.jpeg

@homedecor1   That is a beauty, enjoy!!

Esteemed Contributor

Oooh- very nice. Enjoy! Love the very Euro styling of the new Accords and think they look nicer than cars costing many thousands more.

You make me feel better about every splurge I have ever indulged myself!

I spent over a year researching the car I drive now. I knew what make, model and options I wanted, and what colors were deal breakers. I had a strict budget (as always) and champagne taste ( also as always). Had to be a late model pre-owned. Also fell for a red one. I said I did not hate the color. On the next years' model they changed the red to a really ugly shade (see deal breaker colors) and reduced the warranty from 4 years to 3.

I buy what I love and drive it til the wheels fall off. Hate making payments.

I only ever fell hard for a certain Honda Accord back in the day. It was beyond my 20-something year old reach. I could not afford new, but I did wait until the end of the model year and bought a dealer demo. Great car!

I can't ever imagine myself stopping into a new car dealership and driving home in a new car unless my lease was up and I needed to lease a new one, which did happen once; also a Honda.