Honored Contributor

I have to fight tears every day of this Pandemic

Today it was a story about a woman with Down's Syndrome who passed from Covid.  She had surprised every one and lived into her 60's, only to be taken down by this horrible scourge. 

Honored Contributor

Re: I have to fight tears every day of this Pandemic

@depglass wrote:

Today it was a story about a woman with Down's Syndrome who passed from Covid.  She had surprised every one and lived into her 60's, only to be taken down by this horrible scourge. 

@depglass @I feel the same way. 🌹

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

It is certainly not over.  I just had a relative hanging in the balance on a respirator in ICU. Our family was horrified she got Covid after being a widow, home alone and very careful.  She is now out of ICU and waiting to be transferred to a residential care unit for therapy.

Trusted Contributor

@depglass I fight tears every day as well. Most days I can't fight the tears and they just flow..........

I'm battling pandemic fatigue, depression and anxiety every day.  It sucks.

Respected Contributor

@depglass - I can understand how you feel.  That woman's death is tragic, as is everyone's from the virus.  It is a shame that her doctor couldn't save her life with an antiviral drug or a corticosteroid medication.  

I felt like crying just the other day when I read about the untimely death of a pre-med student, John Francis Foley, a 21- year-old academic superstar at the University of Cincinnati. John Francis Foley took the Johnson & Johnson COVID shot on Saturday, April 10, 2021, felt unwell, went to sleep, and was found dead by his college roomates by Sunday morning, April 11, 2021.  He had so many accomplishments -- Dean's List every semester and lots of volunteer work and a bright future .  .  

Esteemed Contributor

Covid has upended my life in so many ways. I'm constantly fighting off tears & depression. I can't believe how many lives were affected by this monster. Even when this thing is finally over I doubt I'll ever be the same again.     I'm grateful for the love & support of my DH, DS & DDiL. They keep me grounded.

"There but for the grace of God go I".

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

@depglass @Downs Syndrome is associated with a much higher risk of COVID death. Could you tell me where and when her death occurred. I'd like to read more about this story.The heart is often affected in persons with Downs Syndrome.

Honored Contributor

I feel anxious a lot of the time. I had some general anxiety issues most of my life...nothing serious that I couldn't handle with a stiff talking to myself. Being alone (except for a few hours at night w/ DH) did nothing to improve the situation. The first time I went out driving to the food store, it was overwheming. I'm working on overcoming it again. 

Honored Contributor

When the pandemic quarantine began I was so fearful and wondered what would happen to our lives.  At that time a vaccine was not even mentioned. There was a lot to be scared of and I had bouts of anxiety.

As time passed I became brave and put on my mask and went to CVS.  I think only one other person was in the store.  I kept looking around making sure I wasn't near anyone.  My second store was the supermarket, that was it.  Those were my first outside contacts!

These past two weeks I actually had a friend and her daughter over and we wore our masks except to eat of course, that was my first contact with friends.  My next contact was with my niece and her husband, we all were vaccinated and the time we spent was enjoyable, uplifting and had a sense of hope mixed in.  

I am not making light of anything and still am careful, wear my mask and when I see anyone, just a few people at a time.  I do keep in touch with family and friends by phone.  However, I still haven't seen most friends or family members.  I am taking it a step at a time, not being reckless, using common sense and glad for the vaccine.  Without a doubt it has been a very difficult journey for all of us.

Respected Contributor

I certainly understand everyone's concerns and feelings of anxiety, I have felt it as well. Losing my 88 yo mom from Covid last April was devastating and with the 1 year anniversary of her death coming up on April 28 th it's hard to believe she is gone. I have had 2 nieces overcome covid with one who was pregnant but thank the Lord she recovered and delivered a beautiful baby girl with mom and baby doing well. I very rarely leave my home and it gets very depressing sometimes because there is no one but me.  My joy is facetime with my 5 yo grandson who tends to talk talk talk to his grandma and it keeps me laughing. He is my joy. This pandemic has caused me to become a "pandemic shopper"  I have more clothes than I really need !  Hang in there ! we will get through this ! My faith is strong and soon we will get past this and life will get better !  I am fully  vaccinated since Febuary  thank goodness