Valued Contributor

I have a sad thing and a comforting thing that happened

Morning all

If you remember a couple of weeks ago, I said I had signed papers for my dad for hospice care. I lost him on the 4th of July. I had been to see him only about 40 min before he passed. I told him when I left that I didn't know if I should tell him Goodbye or See you tomorrow and I love you.

I have always heard when you see a red cardinal that it is someone in heaven telling you hello. As you know, you have so many things to take care of and are so busy when a loved one passes. I was at home Tues-Sat night to sleep and that is pretty much all. I was sitting on my couch Sun evening, and a red cardinal landed in my tree in front of my house on a branch closest to my front window. Gave me a great feeling of comfort!

cookin

Honored Contributor

Re: I have a sad thing and a comforting thing that happened

Sorry for your loss.  What a great thing that your dad came to see you by the way of the cardinal.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

I have never heard that about the cardinal.  Thank you for sharing that @cookinfreak.  Please know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers.  ❤️

Trusted Contributor

When my Grandma died after the funeral my Mom and I were going through the yard and this big black dog wandered in and sat down by the fence and stayed there for awhile.

I told my Mom I think that's Grandma saying goodbye.  Any animal can be used to convey a message.  My Grandma didn't like birds because they meant death in her native Poland.

Respected Contributor

So sorry about your dad.  With my sister it was a dragonfly.  The day she died I went for a walk and saw a dragonfly that reminded me of her and me at the lake.  Now on her birthday there will be a dragonfly trying to get my attention.  One day I walked out from work, not remembering it was her birthday.  There was a dragonfly right in front of my face just flitting.  Last year I went to a lawyer with my friend to sign my Will, again on her birthday, and as we were putting money in the meter, a dragonfly was hovering above it looking at me - reminding me it was her birthday.  She always wanted everyone to know when her birthday was.  Your dad will remind you now and again. 

Honored Contributor

Image result for in my thoughts and prayers images

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cookinfreak First of all I am so sorry for your loss, please know you are all in my prayers!

I am a big believer in if you see a Cardinal that it is a loved one visiting from heaven, I have countless stories over the years of when Cardinals have appeared at some of the most devastating times in my life.

I have really been going through a very hard time in my life the last 7 months, and life has just seemed so overwhelming lately and I have been praying and praying that I need some kind of a sign that the world has not forgotten about me and that there is going to be a light at the end of the tunnel.  The other day I was sitting in bed reading and looked out the window to a section of Pine Trees in our yard, and 5 Cardinals (bright red) flew out of the trees and just flew around those trees over and over, I looked up to the heavens above and said "Thank You, I know that was you".

Never stop looking for miracles, they are all around us every day, we just need to look and believe!

Honored Contributor

When we lost our precious dog DH was burying her in the back of the yard next to the woods.A little spotted fawn came over and nudged him.Not wanting her to think people are her friends - because they certainly aren't - he chased her off.But I always felt that was our Daisy saying goodbye.

Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry for your loss....for me it's a dragonfly....can't begin to tell you how many times I've been comforted by the presence of them.....have even found one inside my house after the loss of my mom.....continue to receive the comfort the red cardinal will bring you.....some people aren't believers, but I sure am.....