Honored Contributor

Re: I hate to admit it I'm a little scared to go to my town's "FEST"

[ Edited ]

@Mary Bailey  trust your intuition...no need to be scared.  Make other plans for the day and enjoy, it's not about living in fear it's being smart and trusting yourself.  

Esteemed Contributor

Go with your gut. That’s what I do every day. Look, times have changed in a bad way. Everyone reacts differently. You have to do what makes you comfortable, period. Don’t feel guilty.

Esteemed Contributor

We can’t be afraid to live take the advice of the great posters here, follow your gut. Keep looking around and notice. If you see something suspicious tell someone. Try to enjoy yourself. 

Honored Contributor

I can certainly understand your being frightened, but you cant let it keep you from life.  If you let it take a hold of you the next could be the possibility that you would be to frightened to go out of your house.  Put on your best courage badge and go have fun.

Think how it would have been if the pioneer's of this country was too intimidated to go west.

I wish you the best.  God bless.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Isn't this a sad commentary. I feel sad for people.

Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Isn't this a sad commentary. I feel sad for people.

Woman Frustrated

Yes, our entire nation.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

That's why people should refrain from watching the same horrible news stories over and over and over again.  The recent shootings are stuck in your mind now.  Go, and have a great time.  You'll be perfectly safe.  Think about, we are country of some 350 million people and it's summer and there have been all sorts of fairs and picnics and concerts and festivals all over the country and we have not read of tens of thousands of deaths or hundreds of violent episodes.  That's just not the case.  Don't let these things, which are rare, stop you from living your life.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree @Perfectly said...go and live your life.If you miss everything to stay in the safety of your own home you will still die when it is your time but you won’t have lived.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If it were just Gilroy, or the one last week, or the one a few months ago, or the one last year, or the one before that it would be an awful thing.

But, considered cumulatively it becomes exponentially more painful. 

The odds grow worse as it becomes more normalized. 

😢 for our country.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

Our "Fest" is this week. 

I've been going since I was a kid (lived here since I was 6)  It started out as our church's carnival, then the town took it over and made it our "Fest".  The beer garden is usually packed and that's where I see my HS friends.

I don't like this scared feeling.

@Mary Bailey 

???   What are you afraid of?