Esteemed Contributor

I can't talk to my friends. Bring the old back for it was easier. 

Honored Contributor

Re: I hate this new listings

@halfpint1   They haven't changed the format of this forum for several years or more.  What do you find different and difficult about it?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1,

The rest of us see the same format it’s been for awhile.   

You have somehow changed the settings on your laptop that shows you something different, but it’s not a QVC issue.   

Esteemed Contributor

They list a lot of months for each forum. Also I could  tap what I wanted in each category now it goes by dates too. If somehow I did something I don't know.

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1 

Will your son come over and help you to change your settings?

Respected Contributor

I found the Widows thread & replied to one of your post @halfpint1 . Look at your notifications & click on it reply from kitcat51 that will take you to page 2,079 of the Widows thread. Save it to your favorites & it will be easy to find & you can chat with your friends anytime. Best Wishes.

Esteemed Contributor

I'll ask bob if he can. It is very tiresome and I can't understand why it is like this

Esteemed Contributor

Here comes an anxiety pill.81 and maybe ready for the dirt pile.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@halfpint1 technology changes can be a pain in the rump, no matter your age.  I set up my settings one time when the forums changed a couple of years ago and haven't had to change it since.  I have a desktop computer with a windows 7 operating system and a laptop with windows 10 operating system.  Whatever got changed for you must have happened in the perfson preferences part of your profile here on the QV forums. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@halfpint1,   I'm so sorry you've encountered problems with the Community format.

As others have said, the Q site hasn't changed the basic display since June 2015, so this problem is related to your device and/or your settings.

To properly identify the source of the problem, I'd suggest that you ask your son to try some very basic steps.   
               The first 2 are general computer "housekeeping" steps.

Step 1:    Be sure old cookies/cache/website data are not causing problems.
               You're using Chrome, so your son can either search the internet for the "how to" articles or try this link:
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Step 2:   Access the Community Forums without using your current "favorite" or "bookmark" link.    
               Sometimes old favorite/bookmark links go to older servers or cached sites not properly updated, so it's a good idea to occasionally create a fresh new one.  
               Create the new one by going directly to the Community from the browser page, and then you can delete the old one.

Step 3 is very important specific to this situation:

A.    First look at the Community without signing in.  
               Go to several sub-forums, several threads, and see how they're displayed.  
               This will show you how it looks to everyone before they access their personal account.

B.    Then, log in to your account and look again at the sub-forums and a few threads.    
               If it looks different after you sign in, that means the problem is in your personal settings, your customized preferences.  
               Those are easily found under the "Quick links" on the left side of the screen, with "Edit my preferences."   

Step 4 (I'm thinking this might be the actual solution):   
               If you find that the problem is in your settings/preferences,  it might be best to go to each area and "reset" back to the original settings (the "reset" is at the bottom of each section in settings/preferences).   
               The preferences can be confusing and rather complicated, especially the way some of them work together.
               My guess is that you never customized your settings, but somehow recently they were changed by mistake -- it's likely the original defaults (the "reset" results) are the ones you've used all along before this glitch and they'll work best for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I would love to be able to come there and work this out for you, side-by-side, and I know the other posters here feel the same way.   
               It's hard to communicate the problems and solutions in writing, and sometimes even when we can post screen shots it's difficult.   I keep you in my prayers and I wish you well, (((@halfpint1))).❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova