Esteemed Contributor

Re: I got an invitation to Sunday dinner

@butterfly123  LOL!

Honored Contributor

I became best friends with my high school bully.She turned out to be a very caring and considerate friend...so you never know.

Respected Contributor

I think this is a perfect opportunity to get to know each other better.

Shower her with kindness and sweetness, in other words, "be yourself."

Respected Contributor

That's great, have fun!  Another good gift if wine isn't your thing is candles.

I'm with you and I love to see how others decorate.  A few places where we lived our neighborhoods did an annual tour of homes.  It was great!

Respected Contributor

I hope you have a great time!  Wine, flowers, a candle are a great gift.  Sometimes friends bring me a basket of fresh fruit.  We do have smaller dinner parties with old friends and we enjoy them very much.  I have to admit most of the time anymore we go out with friends to do things, go to a baseball game, the vineyards but being invited to anyone's for dinner is special.  

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal,Be sure to share your magical evening, Girl!!!Smiley Happy.

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Haven't received an invitation to dinner in years!  This woman lives down in the part of my neighborhood that has very beautiful large homes sitting on 3 acres.  She has been very kind to me over the past couple of years since she moved in.  Unfortunately, she invited a woman who lives across the street from her that is a very odd woman - one day she'll speak to you, the next day she won't.  I'm kind of hoping that woman turns down the invitation so it won't be awkward.  But I'm planning on going and having a great time regardless  - grilled chicken and salad and wine - who can beat that?  I'm really anxious to see the inside of her home.  I think I'll pick up a bottle of wine as a host gift. 

@hoosieroriginal

So how was the dinner .... did you have fun?

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Haven't received an invitation to dinner in years!  This woman lives down in the part of my neighborhood that has very beautiful large homes sitting on 3 acres.  She has been very kind to me over the past couple of years since she moved in.  Unfortunately, she invited a woman who lives across the street from her that is a very odd woman - one day she'll speak to you, the next day she won't.  I'm kind of hoping that woman turns down the invitation so it won't be awkward.  But I'm planning on going and having a great time regardless  - grilled chicken and salad and wine - who can beat that?  I'm really anxious to see the inside of her home.  I think I'll pick up a bottle of wine as a host gift. 

@hoosieroriginal

So how was the dinner .... did you have fun?

@Tinkrbl44 - yes, it was lovely - good food, good company. 

Honored Contributor

So glad you enjoyed the evening.