Honored Contributor

Re: I filed my taxes already.

@Bri369 wrote:

I understand the Refund Transfer Fee is applied if you pay for the cost of filing your taxes out of your refund.  

Is that why you were charged that fee @SilleeMee 

@Bri369 

I believe you are correct. I agreed to have the filing fee deducted from my refund. But I did the same thing last year and I didn't have to pay the Refund Transfer Fee last year. Odd.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

I understand the Refund Transfer Fee is applied if you pay for the cost of filing your taxes out of your refund.  

Is that why you were charged that fee @SilleeMee 

@Bri369 

I believe you are correct. I agreed to have the filing fee deducted from my refund. But I did the same thing last year and I didn't have to pay the Refund Transfer Fee last year. Odd.

@SilleeMee 

Yes, that is odd.  There's a fee associated with almost everything now, unfortunately.  

Valued Contributor

If you check your other bills like utilities cell phone and internet , you'll find a whole list of various fees tacked onto your bill . In the case of my water ,sewer garbage and recycling the fees are more than the actual bill !  Everyone is trying to nickel and dime people any way they can . I believe that they have people hired just to figure out new ways to stick it to you with another fee , instead of raising the prices ! 

Super Contributor

You are absolutely right, she didn't pay up front and they took the fee  out of the refund. To not have a refund fee attached always pay up front and it will be direct deposit from the IRS. Those bank products come with a fee and the preparer has to be paid. 

Respected Contributor

I haven't even gotten all the paperwork I need yet. I was supposed to get paperwork from my pension yesterday according to informed delivery, but still haven't gotten it. I'm hoping no one else got it and threw it away or worse. 

Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

I haven't even gotten all the paperwork I need yet. I was supposed to get paperwork from my pension yesterday according to informed delivery, but still haven't gotten it. I'm hoping no one else got it and threw it away or worse. 

@catter70 

Does the place where you get your pension have a website? Mine does and I have an account there so I got access to my 1099 from their website. 

Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

How are you already filing income taxes? I'm still waiting for more information for the IRS from my broker which won't be sent until 2/19/2022! 

Then, I'll begin to put everything together and take it to my tax preparer for him to complete it. I do have an appointment made.

I already filed my taxes and received my federal refund this past Monday. Just waiting on my state. I also use the simple form. @SilleeMee   I use FreeTaxUSA and Emile both fed and state. I pay nothing for my fed and if I do DD into my bank, there is no charge. The state is $15. 

Honored Contributor

I am STILL waiting for the last 1099 to get here.  One arrived today, but I still have one out there.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 No kidding...........figured that much all by myself   

Thanks anyway

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   Oh geez.,,,another sign of the timesSmiley Frustrated