Respected Contributor

Re: I enjoy the different personalities here...

@Tweety68 wrote:

I am always surprised at the posters who share some of my interests. I am equally surprised by the coments on my rather simple life,you actually like it!I thought I was a bit old fashioned. This has become a really nice landing spot,Thanks for so much fun info, happy thoughts.I have a quiet life,you make it feel so much bigger!Thanks for the happy!

What an absolutely lovey post. You made my day!

wonderfulworld, indeed!

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

I truly enjoy my simple life in retirement. I've always been somewhat of a minimalist, not interested in all of the material stuff. I get my books from the library which helps me through the long winter months. I'm an introvert and like being at home. I like to hear that others feel the same way. 

@RetRN 

Minimalist pretty much describes most of my adult, actually my whole life. Grew up in Public Housing until I was 14, paper route when I was 8. Mom raising 4 of us by herself probably had a big influence on me on what is important in my life, and material things have never been in that category. 

A "introvert" I am not, but I can enjoy my own company for long extended periods when necessary. I can be a non stop talker even with people I just met, but I am also good at listening, I think! 

Pretty much the same in retirement as I was during my working days. Never let much of anything get to me most of the time, "keep it simple stupid(KISS") certainly could apply to how I live and lived much of my life. At times, much to my mother's dismay. I lived the present, she wanted me to look more to the future. Just never been me.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@Tweety68 

I have never seen a gardenia growing, but they are lovely flowers.

Trader Vics restaurant used to put gardenia's in their tropical drinks, and I got them in a corsage one time. 

That's the only time I saw them in real life Cat Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Tweety68 @I couldn't agree with you more!

It feels so nice to find an old fashioned kinship with so many people.

I come here to share and find life's little tidbits explored.

Honored Contributor

@Tweety68 I find your food pictures so beautiful...as if you are a chef.I love your posts and look forward to finding them.You found your “landing spot” and now that we all know you we hope you don’t” take off.”Very nice to meet you.

Honored Contributor

There's much to be said for a simple, peaceful life, it just takes time for some to get to that point. I'm so happy today because our only child told us he was buying a house close to us next  year. It has been so hard for us the past 8 years with him living in Mexico, Estonia and then PA. I guess he realizes his parents are not going to live forever. As far as personalities, people share what they want to share and it may be true and honest or not. You  may think I'm being negative, but this is still an anonymous site and I have no illusions. That being said,I appreciate the beautiful photos, recipes, advice, etc. people post.

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

I truly enjoy my simple life in retirement. I've always been somewhat of a minimalist, not interested in all of the material stuff. I get my books from the library which helps me through the long winter months. I'm an introvert and like being at home. I like to hear that others feel the same way. 

@RetRN 

Minimalist pretty much describes most of my adult, actually my whole life. Grew up in Public Housing until I was 14, paper route when I was 8. Mom raising 4 of us by herself probably had a big influence on me on what is important in my life, and material things have never been in that category. 

A "introvert" I am not, but I can enjoy my own company for long extended periods when necessary. I can be a non stop talker even with people I just met, but I am also good at listening, I think! 

Pretty much the same in retirement as I was during my working days. Never let much of anything get to me most of the time, "keep it simple stupid(KISS") certainly could apply to how I live and lived much of my life. At times, much to my mother's dismay. I lived the present, she wanted me to look more to the future. Just never been me.

hckynut

@hckynut...One of the things I like about you John is that you say it the way it is, no Hoity toity attitude, no pretense, what you see is what you get.  As for the simple life, some may want it but because of certain ties which cannot be broken, they will never have it and that is sad.  Happy skating. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam