Super Contributor

I enjoy the different personalities here...

[ Edited ]

I am always surprised at the posters who share some of my interests. I am equally surprised by the coments on my rather simple life,you actually like it!I thought I was a bit old fashioned. This has become a really nice landing spot,Thanks for so much fun info, happy thoughts.I have a quiet life,you make it feel so much bigger!Thanks for the happy!

Super Contributor

Re: I enjoy the different personalities here...

[ Edited ]
  • My Gardenia bloomed lastnite.This is for you!
Honored Contributor

@Tweety68 

I find most that lead simpler lives to be happier individuals, you and myself included. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Tweety68  I agree with your post.  Talking to everyone (strangers, friends, etc) and being honest, has been one of the main things that has kept me from having to go to a psychiatrist.

Everyone in my family (I mean everyone) has (at one time or another) had to go to a psychiatrist to work on various problems in their lives.  Sometimes it was due to a chemical imbalance, but sometimes it was just finding out the realization that we are all (humans) basically (in our core) similar. 

I believe in the goodness of others.  If you approach someone with a smile, it's in the human DNA of most people to smile back.

That's what I've always found here.  These (mostly) females and a few wonderful guys are all good people.  We (sometimes) have to agree to disagree.  That's often a very good thing because it shows the heart of all of us.

Now if only our leaders could do the same.  Right?

Respected Contributor

Sometimes lifes journey can be hard but it helps to connect with people in a positive way.  Friends are like flowers in the garden of life.

Trusted Contributor

@hckynut   @Tweety68 I agree with both of you about a simple life.  Good health, family and friends is all that really matters.  I count my blessings every day!  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tweety68 

have_a_nice_day_quotes1.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

There is something rare and precious about simple living by intelligent, creative, caring people. It's a wonderful goal to have and the world needs to be filled with wise people. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Now that I’m retired, I like life to be as uncomplicated as possible. When I worked I liked the challenges and hustle and bustle, but now a quiet life gives me joy. 😻

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I truly enjoy my simple life in retirement. I've always been somewhat of a minimalist, not interested in all of the material stuff. I get my books from the library which helps me through the long winter months. I'm an introvert and like being at home. I like to hear that others feel the same way.