Respected Contributor

Re: I don't think I understand this forum

[ Edited ]

@caroln242 

Seems the reason that you like this forum is because there are rules to follow.  And rules are enforced.  Why do you think there is no swearing, no off color jokes and general grossness?

I am glad the moderators do their job.  Makes this a more pleasant place to post and visit.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

There are times when I delete my own post. Sometimes I think I may wear too much of my heart on my sleeve. It has nothing to do with breaking rules or poofing. On occasion, I just change my mind about sharing too much.

In other words, there are other reasons for posts disappearing.

Esteemed Contributor

They keep things the way they want them.  Things vanish and are locked.  Makes for a tame forum, but you can go elsewhere too.

Honored Contributor

I also find it strange that a post will sit on the board all day, for hours but when evening rolls around, it suddenly becomes "unkind", "argumentative" or whatever.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I also find it strange that a post will sit on the board all day, for hours but when evening rolls around, it suddenly becomes "unkind", "argumentative" or whatever.

@Kachina624  In most cases I don't think it gets poofed till someone reports it. Even then it may take awhile with all the other ordering and receiving problems they have to take care of.

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe it was deleted by the poster who wrote it. I have seen that happen.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think that happens when someone complains or reports it.  Then a moderator deletes based only on the complaint.  

Esteemed Contributor

@caroln242 wrote:

I don't see the rationale in offering a forum where mods can just indiscriminately change or delete posts without notice.  It's kind judgemental in my opinion and causes people to abandon this forum for less restrictive sites. 

I like this site, though, because it's one of the few I've found that I don't have to tolerate swearing, off color jokes, and general grossness!  With some forums, all I have to do is read one post and know it's not for me!  Woman Tongue

@caroln242,  for which you should be grateful for the mods.  The history of these boards has proven moderation is a necessary evil.  Without them these boards would once again become wilder than the wild west.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As someone already stated some of the poofed posts or threads seem indiscriminate.

Have you ever noticed that some hosts are completely off-limits? You can trash Shawn all day long but heaven forbid you make an unkind comments against Jane and I can almost guarantee you it'll disappear...

To Be clear it's not my nature to trash hosts I'm just making an observation

Respected Contributor

@caroln242 wrote:

I don't see the rationale in offering a forum where mods can just indiscriminately change or delete posts without notice.  It's kind judgemental in my opinion and causes people to abandon this forum for less restrictive sites. 

I like this site, though, because it's one of the few I've found that I don't have to tolerate swearing, off color jokes, and general grossness!  With some forums, all I have to do is read one post and know it's not for me!  Woman Tongue

I agree.  Way too many restrictions.  I'm sure QVC has it posted somewhere that the words posted here are the opinions of customers and are not endorsed or approved by QVC.  That's all that's needed to cover their backs so they shouldn't be so eager to remove everyone's words.