Respected Contributor

Re: I do not understand...............

You're better off shopping at Nordstrom. Free shipping, free returns, no letters, great customer service.

QVC's prices, shipping and return shipping fees are high.  And for you, a side of annoyance.  Easy pass 

Honored Contributor

Can't a person just complain? I have read many complaints on this forum.  

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Can't a person just complain? I have read many complaints on this forum.  

You absolutely can, and yes there are many complaints and much venting on these boards.  So sorry about my earlier posts. Though I don't complain (a lot) about the Q, I do about many other things!  We SHOULD be able to discuss many things and vent about things that bother us.  Carry on! 

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

The hosts are constantly saying you can return or exchange items like it's no big deal. I guess that isn't the case. 

@RetRN 

I wonder if what you have recently heard may be more for a specific area like makeup if letters are being sent out for clothing.

Respected Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

You're better off shopping at Nordstrom. Free shipping, free returns, no letters, great customer service.

QVC's prices, shipping and return shipping fees are high.  And for you, a side of annoyance.  Easy pass 

Nordstrom sends out letters for excessive returns.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Occasional Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@scatcat wrote:

Nordstrom sends out letters for excessive returns.

Thank you @mom2four0418. Didn't know that.I think all retailers have to monitor returns per customer.

Trusted Contributor

I do not understand why the models continue to put there hands into the pockets?If you really are trained to model correctly I don't think they would,I as a buyer sees the pockets.Nothing bugs me more!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1   May I make a suggestion. 

Some time ago, probably years now, I got THE letter. I know it's not a good feeling. It was embarrassing and, yes, I was a bit "ticked off".

When it comes to clothing, I found the sizing  did differ a lot.  What I try to do now is find one or 2 vendors and just (mostly) stick to them. If I find something that fits me good, I tend to buy more of that same style.  For instance, Joan Rivers blouses fit me well most of the time so I have a few of them.

I got tired of paying for returns, too.  It's so expensive. Outside of that, I don't buy much clothing here any longer except for a few Quacker Factory tees for the summer.  I like the more plain Quacker's.  Also, I learned, if I have to try on 15 pair of pants at a store for pants that fit me.....there is a good chance 

"ANY"  pants I order online will not fit either! 

I hope you don't take this as a lecture. Just some things I have learned over the time I have shopped qvc. Anyway, in the long run, to be honest, it's made me a better shopper and it's saving me money in returns so it's not for naught. I do agree with others that they shouldn't "promote" returns so much.  

Super Contributor

I just want to thank you for posting this to the forum.  I was hoping Q had stopped sending out these nasty unprofessional letters to customers but it appears they haven't.  The last time I posted about this, the lecturing and shaming was so bad I had to delete the post as it was not productive or constructive. Apparently I wasn't allowed to be mad about it or complain about it.  I know how to shop, where to shop, I'm a grown up.  No retailer has ever sent me anything like this ever before or since btw.  It's not just about returns, it's also about the number of items ordered.  I think my 2nd letter said 75% return rate, and forgot the volume but they listed the number of items ordered and returned in a 12 month period so both numbers trigger the letter. Nevermind that I spent thousands in that period of time--strange. .I doubt it cost thousands to process my returns. As long as you're following the policy I think you should be able to return 100% if you want to as this is an online retailer.  Returns are part of doing business.  They threatened to shut down my account, fine whatever.  Bascially I just reduced my volume but not my return percentage because that's how I shop at all retailers.  I have to be able to evaluate in hand and return if needed.  I realize it costs money to process returns and I pay for that with shipping and return shipping. They should be charging enough to compensate for returns, just like other businesses do. I follow their policy and do not wash or wear items a month and return them.  I return items in new condition.  Anyway, just wanted to explain for those that are unfamiliar with this letter policy.  It's of course their right as a business to reprimand customers and make demands.  I just found it to be quite rude considering how much I spent.  I still like the convenience of shopping here so I will continue until they won't take my money.  Some vendors are only available here.  As you said, "I do not understand" why you would shame customers that spend thousands at your company but from what I've read and experienced, they have some math problem that constantly calculates the 12 month order/return percentages for every customer and some get letters.  Thank you for letting me express my thoughts in response to your post.    

Trusted Contributor

I have never gotten the letter, but if I ever do that is when I will say good by to QVC.

I have received items with my mailing address and name that are not mine. In fact inside the package is the statement with the buyers name and information!  I am an honest person so I  do call CS and tell them, Then I have to take the time to repackage and use my gas to take it to the UPS store.  This has happened to me three times last year.  And no, the name of the buyer is not similar to my name and all three were not even in my state.