Honored Contributor

Re: I'd like your thoughts on a friend situation......

@AngelPuppy1   Having been in a similar situation IMO you have to face the fact that this friendship is over.  It takes 2 to keep a friendship going and that isn't happening here.  You've given her ample opportunity to reach out.  Move on.

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry but she's just not that into you. I would move on and forget it. Brief emails with few words means she doesn't want a relationship anymore. 

My neighbor and I have known each other for more than 15 years but listening to her complain about her 2 sons that treat her badly and she lets them finally got to me. One son rents a house from her and lives next door to her & he and family never help her. I feel bad for her but you have to stand up for yourself. 

Every conversation was her famous saying 'it is what it is' That drove me crazy since I don't believe that and finally told her so. 

Respected Contributor

Friendships have seasons. I had one that ran its course after twenty five years. Our personal lives and situations both changed significantly toward the end. After that, it seemed like our relationship as friends was very different. She basically dropped me like a hot rock. I spent a few years trying to contact her then I gave up. You have to let go. The friendship served whatever purpose it had, and is now history and memories. In your case I would stop contacting her, period. It's making you look desperate. And kind of like a stalker. Neither of which are your intentions I know. But just let this go and move on. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

It gets really BAD when your close friend joins a group with extreme views...and now treats you like an ENEMY.    Personally, I am in a state of shock over this.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

An alternative thought is perhaps she is going through something in life, she may not be happy or social, or depressed about her life has turned out, doent want to revisit the past which represents hope and dreams etc. May have experienced a true trauma. She may find it consuming and hard to face and explain to someone else. Been there, done that myself.

You have done your due diligence. It may not have anything to do with you. If this is the case you probably wished she'd she say so. But she hasnt. Let go of this pursuit. Youve made yourself clear, given her your contact info, reached out in a heartfelt sincere way. Do nothing more.Leave her be. Put your energy into someone or something that will be meaningful to you. :::hugs:::

Honored Contributor

Give it up, this has gone on way too many years,stop being so needy , let her go.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

After reading your story I feel as if you are begging for this person's friendship. It sounds like she has moved on, for whatever reason. Leave it alone. If she wants to get in touch with you she knows where to find you. Not every friendship is meant to last forever. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

Give it up, this has gone on way too many years,stop being so needy , let her go.

Stop being so needy? You've got to be kidding or you are just plain not a nice person. Such a nasty thing to say to a caring person who tried to maintain a friendship.

Honored Contributor

Put your energy where you are loved and supported....move on.  If she takes the lead, then respond in kind.  Wishing you much peace and happiness.

Super Contributor

I literally could have almost written this letter.  I am 70 now---and have had my good friend since 3rd grade!  We have been thru everything together!  Granted, sometimes life happened and we didn't see or talk for 6 months or even a year at times.   I always knew she was always "late" to meet---or even i would even get so far to drive the the next town for our meet up time and she wouldn't show---or call with a lame excuse.  So, I had to let our friendship go.  I finally realized at my age--- my time and effort was worth something and if she didn't see that, then it had to be over. Once, since then, we texted a bit and  she agreed to call me that night-----never heard a word.  I do wonder about her and hope she is well---but friendship has to go 2 ways---just like a marriage.  (She lives 40 miles from me). Hugs to you-----