Respected Contributor

Re: I'd give ANYTHING for a good night's sleep

@catter70 wrote:

I feel your pain. I have 3 cats all who are jumping or yowling during the night (since they sleep all day.) Last night 2 of them had a fight in the bed. I have an 8 year old male who has been neutered and doesn't know it. He kept after my female in the beginning, so I gave him an old housecoat to "cuddle" with. He drags it around the house yowling and has his way with it. Very funny but not good for me to sleep. I've had cats for over 30 years aand so I guess no good sleep for me for awhile.

Thanks for the good laugh! I can just picture it in my mind, your male "having his way" with your housecoat. 

Frequent Contributor

I had that problem many years ago when I got my 7 month old cat. She is now 21. But back in 1999, she would start meowing really loud as she sat in the hall. And would wake everyone up. Then I would hear this odd sound. And she was in the bathroom unraveling the toilet paper holder. All of the house was very tired. So not long after she started doing this, we decided to put her in the laundry room at night. She never made a peep. She rather enjoys it. I have a nightlight in there and a cozy fluffy bed, and food and water. She will actually wait at the laundry room door ready for bed. It works for us. I love cats so much!

Respected Contributor

@Lindaj46 wrote:

Linda, you're a genius! if I ever adopt a kitten, I'll start that kind of training right away. And the night light...lol! The things we do for our beloved animal companions. Bless your heart!

Trusted Contributor

I have the same problem with my CAT...... SOCKS

I know everyone pain and I thought I was ALONE!!

• Wait until half sleep
  • Does not bother husband
  • Tried the play, eat, groom tactic helps but not 100%
  • Got thunder shirt - won't wear
  • Was given prescription medication because IF I ignore he will start to bite his limbs by his paws.
  • Or he will walk on husband and try and get him up, which he - is smart enough to know ---- just start walking on daddy and MOMMY will jump up!!!

• Tried C D C oil, breaks him out with a rash
  • Tried calming drops - works but breaks him out in rash after about 5 days of using a night.

• He knows --- if Mommy hears me biting -- she will get up to see what I am doing!

All my CAT wants is company!!

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!