Esteemed Contributor

Re: I can't stand tardiness.

Just dropped in to say that everytime I come across this thread title, I keep seeing it as "I can't stand sardines".  LOL  Don't know why my eyes are playing tricks on me.  Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

Just dropped in to say that everytime I come across this thread title, I keep seeing it as "I can't stand sardines".  LOL  Don't know why my eyes are playing tricks on me.  Woman LOL

@Citrine1 Your eyes aren’t playing tricks on you. Studies show that when we read, our eyes constantly skip ahead and return, skip ahead and return.  You skipped ahead then brought that last s back when you returned! 😊

Frequent Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@vacationday wrote:

Well how odd that chyrstaltree never came back to tell us that her friend was all right or maybe suffered some terrible accident on the way or had some terrible news from a family member that necessitated she be elsewhere.  Friends give one another the benefit of the doubt. 

@vacationday

Again with it's @chrystaltree fault?  Uh, uh, uh!

hckynut

@hckynutit's her fault for not being honest and frank with her friend.  What a pity that she instead has to create a backstabbing thread about her.  I'd like to see her friend here with her side of the story.  

Honored Contributor

@vacationday I think the friend was so late that if she respected the friendship she would have called to suggest another date or ask if chrystatree had time to wait.

Frequent Contributor

@dex wrote:

@vacationday I think the friend was so late that if she respected the friendship she would have called to suggest another date or ask if chrystatree had time to wait.

We really don't have the slightest idea what she was thinking because this thread was meant only to bash her which is a rather juvenile thing to do instead of resolving the issue once and for all face to face.  Also, I'm sure the friend has not been told about the OP's time spent on these forums or her prolific history here.  So much for the friendship that the OP cherishes so much.  @dex

Honored Contributor

@vacationday wrote:

@dex wrote:

We really don't have the slightest idea what she was thinking because this thread was meant only to bash her which is a rather juvenile thing to do instead of resolving the issue once and for all face to face.  Also, I'm sure the friend has not been told about the OP's time spent on these forums or her prolific history here.  So much for the friendship that the OP cherishes so much.  @dex

@vacationday. Aren’t you a new poster? How do you know so much about the op’s time spent on the forums and ‘prolific’ history here? So she says what she means in her posts and doesn’t beat around the bush. 

Frequent Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@vacationday wrote:

@dex wrote:

@vacationday. Aren’t you a new poster? How do you know so much about the op’s time spent on the forums and ‘prolific’ history here? So she says what she means in her posts and doesn’t beat around the bush. 

Kind of hard to not notice her posts!  Yes, I'm new.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@vacationday wrote:

@hckynut it's her fault for not being honest and frank with her friend.  What a pity that she instead has to create a backstabbing thread about her.  I'd like to see her friend here with her side of the story.  

Hi @vacationday,

We just see this differently. I have always been one that never "beats around the boosh", but not too many are as outspoken, here, and in my real life. 

Pretty much said my view, on those that are habitually late, in a couple other posts in this thread. Granted, probably some instances were someone might have had something bad happen to them "on the way". In this era of cell phones and other communicating technologies, most times that may be possible to give a heads up.

I see you said you are fairly new to these forums. Hope you can enjoy the time you spend here, but being 1 of the few regular male contributors? You outta seen what I had tossed at me many, many years ago when I first started posting.

No reason we can't get along that I can see, even if we don't agree on everything, or maybe anything. I respect your view and appreciate you not being one that denigrates a person because of their different view.

Best to you,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree  It would have happened to me twice and I would not have made plans with this person again. Being tardy is so disrespectful and basically implies that you are not nearly as important as she is. JMO

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

@vacationday wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@vacationday wrote:

@dex wrote:

Kind of hard to not notice her posts!  Yes, I'm new.  

Yeah, and I've got a bridge for sale. ROFL

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown