Honored Contributor

Here it is almost 2pm, I've been sitting here waiting for my friend to come since 1pm.  We've had this lunch/shopping date planned since Dec.  She said she would drive.  Two "only my way" texts and she still isn't here.  It's a nice day and I don't want to waste it waiting for her.  When she does finally get here, I know I'll be in a bad mood.  The good thing is that I'm not at the restaurant waiting for her to roll in 45 minutes late which has  happened.  I think in 15 minutes if she isn't here, I'll call it off and just go out by myself for a bit and then come back and make the lasagna I'm taking to a birthday party tomorrow.  

Honored Contributor

Re: I can't stand tardiness.

@chrystaltree....you've waited an hour, unless she has a really good excuse I'd be ticked as well.  

Esteemed Contributor

If this is her normal MO - method of operation..............I would not put up with it any longer.  Flat tire or some good reason = okay

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree.  I have a older bachelor male relative who was always habitually late for everything, really late.  One day after we'd waited over an hour for his arrival, when he got there my dad took him aside and told him how rude and discourteous it was to keep people waiting....he really tied into him.  He wasn't late again.  Dad probably scared him.

I think arrogance has a lot to do with habitual tardiness.  They have the attitude that, "my time is more valuable than yours".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree- Go and tell her to just meet you there.

Honored Contributor

I think an hour would have been as long as I would have waited.

I don't blame you for being in a bad mood. I would be too.

When did she arrive?

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry you are wasting a nice day waiting for her. If she is always like this I'd just go myself. She would have no right to complain either. If she did I would tell her in no uncertain words wh I left..I understand cars don't start, flat tires and other things can impede being on time but habitual lateness just plain rude.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

You teach others how to treat you.  Basically you have let her know you will wait over an hour for her to jerk you around.

Is this what you want?

Honored Contributor

I gave up a friendhship years ago for this same type of reason.  I would meet her after work occasionally.  I worked 40 minutes from the restaurant we usually met at.  She was 10 minutes away. After waiting for her an inordinate amount of time on a couple of occasions, I finally stopped making plans with her and the friendship faded.  She never had a good reason for being late.

Honored Contributor

What to do is your choice.