Trusted Contributor

I have an LG.  Only use it for phoning and texting.  No net surfing, etc.  I am waiting for TracFone to offer their newer LG with the actual keys - modernized flip phone. HSN had one this weekend but it was a clearance so I hope the new version comes out very quickly.  I need the keyboard!!

Esteemed Contributor

I am pretty tech savvy and have worked and programmed computers since the early 70s but I have a desktop, a laptop, 4 tablets and have had a mobile phone since the box phone that plugged into the cigarette lighter. I also have a great camera.

All I need a cell phone for is a phone and texting!

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

Just got a cell phone...I finally caved to technology.It isn't the expensive Apple but an LG.I haven't taken it out of the house yet because frankly I keep forgetting to.I already have missed calls from my son who told me I need to turn it on to use it.He said it is not a display piece.LOL.

Congratulations on your new cell phone!

My mom uses her cell phone mostly for emergencies. She turns it on and takes it with her when she goes out to get the mail each day. My parents live in a house with a steep driveway and a winding brick path she walks down to the mailbox. She takes the phone with her in case she falls and needs to call someone for help.

When she's in the house, she doesn't use it much because they still have landline phones in the house.

Honored Contributor

@dex I just bought one last year and it's a flip phone.  I refuse to pay for Internet service with the new phones.  I have a laptop at home.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@dex I just bought one last year and it's a flip phone.  I refuse to pay for Internet service with the new phones.  I have a laptop at home.  Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1

If you have read any post written by me, on any forum here on QVC, you will know that I am not a fan of cell phones. However, just in case you didn't know, if you have a smart cell phone and are connected via Wi-fi, you are not paying extra for the internet service.

If your phone has a browser, and you have Wi-fi in your home, data is free. My wife is the the one that "roams" in our family. Most places she frequents have free Wi-fi connections. Unless you have a "limited cell plan" that allows X number of texts or e-mails, those 2 features come either with Pre-paid, or Contractual Cell service.

Data is different than those 2 smart phone features. Internet only uses data when not connected to Wi-fi. Just a QVC-PSA for those who are not aware of how internet data is computed on a monthly cell bill or pre-paid service.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)