Trusted Contributor

I live alone and my son does not come around much.  I need someone to talk to.  I go to church and that makes me happy.  Can I say hello to whoever reads this?  Have a good evening and weekend.

Super Contributor

Oh, I am so sorry that you are feeling lonely today. Going to church makes me feel happy too! I think it is good that you are reaching out. Maybe is there a Ladies Group at your church? 

Respected Contributor

@Bobbi sue, Hello to you! This is a good place to come & chat, the people here are very nice.  Hope you have a good week-end

Super Contributor

Hi! Know that people care and going to church can be so soothing!  Not sure where you live but here in MA it really feels like spring and the sun is a good way to smile.

Take things one step at a time and find one thing each day that makes you happy.  

Nancy from MA

Honored Contributor

Hello Bobbi sue!

You have lots of people right here to "talk" to all the time.  Join in a thread on a subject of interest to you, or start your own, just like you did.  As you find, there's always somebody around to respond.  Not quite the same as face-to-face conversation, but there are an awfully lot of really nice folks around these parts.

Respected Contributor

Do you have a pet?  My dogs are my lifesavers, and yes, I talk to them all day long.   If you don't have a dog or cat, maybe you should think of it.  They are wonderful companions!

Honored Contributor

@Bobbi sue

Bobbisue, I'm sorry that you are having a lonely kind of day.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

Hello there Bobbie Sue!

I wish the feeling did not exist!  I think we need to spend more time in the sun.  Hope it is beautiful where you are.  It is sunny and 77 here.  Hope your weekend is blessed.  Perhaps you will meet a new friend at church this weekend. 

It is no fun to be lonely.  My dogs help.  I highly recommend a petSmiley Happy

Lapdog

Esteemed Contributor

There are many days I feel as you do. I joined a gym and do Senior classes, not only does it help my balance and makes me feel good I met a few other ladies there.  I do this two days a week and a book club at my local library once a month helps but there are those days nothing will shake my feeling of loneliness.  Come here and we will help each other with a hello and assurance that we are truly not alone. 

Trusted Contributor

Bobbi sue, I'm so sorry you're feeling lonesome.  Do you have transportation so that you could get out for awhile?  Can you invite some friends for a visit?  I don't know your situation, but I'll be thinking about you.