Honored Contributor

Re: I am a TERRIBLE bad person!

[ Edited ]

Oh MY!  That sounds awful... has he tried charcole inserts in his underwear? Amazon has them. Not a joke!

Flatulence Deodorizer - Disposable Pads to Absorb Farts for Underpants and Panties

• 10 Disposable pads
  • Comfortable
  • Effective
  • End Embarrassment
  • Doctor Recommended

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden. Someone mentioned those including availability on Amazon, way early in this thread. 🙄
Respected Contributor

@Kelseys Mimi My prayers are with you for you and your husband as you both battle cancer.

There is a gel that comes in a jar and you can get refills for it.  It is called Fresh Wave.  It worked pretty well several years back when I was moving into an old apartment that had some pretty strong odor issues from prior tenants and current neighbor tenants in neighboring units.  There are also bags of bamboo charcoal that you can place around the house.

Short term, I would put a little Vicks Vapo Rub under my nose, as someone else suggested.  

I really feel for you.  Such a strong, obnoxious odor would make me want to heave, too.  Don't be hard on yourself.  Until I had babies of my own I had a hard time changing poopy diapers when baby sitting.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@SeaMaiden. Someone mentioned those including availability on Amazon, way early in this thread. 🙄

@Pearlee  And?

Honored Contributor

A psychiatrist would have a field day with this situation.  

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee  And?

And it just goes to show it pays to read the whole thread.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Having an aversion for something as odiferous, mentally and physically distressing as this does not make you a bad person, IT MAKES YOU HUMAN! I've seen many helpful responses here, and hope you are successful in your quest for a favorable resolution, because it sounds like your marriage is truly at stake.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

There is an over the counter product that fixes gas and it is called Phazyme (sp?).  I take it occasionally and it works!  Just check with his Dr.

He can also take chlorophyll pills to neutralize the gas smell.  Check into that also.

Honored Contributor

@Kelseys Mimi   If you are having trouble sleeping in the same room,or bed, there are "sleeping bags" that cover a person from feet to waist and tie closed.  They have charcoal in them to keep the smell from leaking out.  They can be used while sitting too. They are thin and not like a comforter, so they are comfortable.

Honored Contributor

@Kelseys Mimi wrote:

My DH has metastatic  malignant melanoma.  He is currently in clinical trials at the James cancer Hospital and doing strong immunotherapy infusions.  He has many issues with side effects, however, thankfully his last CAT scan showed tumors have shrunk significantly.  Thank God for that.  Here is my problem... he has gas all the time and the smell is beyond nasty.  I know he cant help it but he makes no effort to spare me. He wont step outside or go to bathroom and turn fan on..  i sleep in guest room and have yankee candles in every room. But i swear the smell is penetrating the house.. it seems to linger..   frebreeze only helps so much. He cant go 15 minutes without passing this foul stink.  It has been months now and i am thinking of divorce...it is BAD!  Thing is I love him so much. We are very happy been married 33 years but this smell is bad... i feel like I am the most terrible person, i would be willing to have my sense of smell removed if I could.  I get angry when he laughs at me. He refuses to see how much this bothers me! If the tumors don't go away completely he will have to be on these meds the rest of his life..   anyone else been through this?  How do you handle it?

@Kelseys Mimi 

Has the doctor been consulted?  What about the little gas pills like Digel or a generic.   When it comes to intestinal gas, simethicone is your best friend.