Contributor

Re: I am a TERRIBLE bad person!

Placed an order with FlatD.com. Thank you!

Valued Contributor

@Kelseys Mimi  Please don't think you're a terrible person. It is a hard thing to deal with. Doesn't mean you're not loving and understanding. I went through similar gas problem with my husband (ibs, now under better management).   and I tried hard but does make you nauseous when that bad! I found an aromatherapy air purifier on Amazon and I use peppermint oil in the water.   Running that  its Sooo much better...

Contributor

Checking out the air purifiers next.  I want to thank everyone here. This has helped so much.

Honored Contributor

To find the one I have on Amazon, paste this text in the searchbar: Hathaspace Smart True HEPA Air Purifier, 5-in-1 Large Room Air Cleaner & Deodorizer for Allergies, Pets, Asthma, Smokers, Odors – Eliminates Pet Hair, Allergens, Dust, Pollen, Mold, Bacteria, More

The brand I have is called Hathaspace. I really love it. It even cleans mold and microbes with an internal UV light.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Kelseys Mimi,

Please talk to your husbands doctor about prescribing activated charcoal, which should help with the toxins in his gut causing this problem.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kelseys Mimi wrote:

Men are little boys when it comes to farts!  Why he thinks it is funny is beyond me.  I need to visit my grandchildren for a few days,but unfortunately i need to take him for treatment.  We have been ding this for over a year and it seems people are tired of  ""being there" for help.  All of our children live far away.  I had breast cancer this summery, had to ask for help then.  I even stayed in hotel close to hospital during radiation treatments so I didn't have to ask for help, but needed help with DH then.

@Kelseys Mimi 

You're so right!

I was once engaged to a guy like this and no matter how many times I expressed my displeasure/disgust, he continued this crude behavior for a year and a half.

I finally called off the engagement.

It had everything to do with his lack of respect for my feelings.

ETA: I'm in no way suggesting you leave your DH, but maybe if he knows that you're seriously considering this, he'll decide to grow up, act like a man and be respectful of your feelings.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't find the farting issue easy for OP to live with. The bigger issue, her husband is taking treatments to fight for his life. Do you divorce him because of side effects? The "terrible person" may come from feelings of guilt for something he can't help...whether he laughs about it or not. 

How would OP feel if the situation was reversed and hubby threatened to pack and walk out? 

Contributor

I agree.

Esteemed Contributor

Your husband is in a fight for his life.  Think about it.

Honored Contributor

By the way ,i did not say in my other post ,but i really understand how you feel, you know what?WE ARE HUMAN, do not feel guilty.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.