Valued Contributor

Did anyone watch last night?  Thoughts.....cute kid.

Honored Contributor

Nope, funny how that coincided with the espy awards..  My husband and I are fine with this child but we feel the parent are exploiting the child..  that's our opinion.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Valued Contributor

Its maybe a cross between sharing her story to educate & exploiting

Honored Contributor

That's perfectly fine but we still think it's exploitation..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

I couldn't change the channel and actually did see (really hear) a lot of it.

I don't know how I would handle that as a parent.

I found the child (Jazz) extremely intelligent and mature for her age.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

I missed it but I would have watched it.  What I don't understand is Hollywood.  are we suppose to know all there is about trans gender with these reality shows on TV?  I have other thoughts but I don't think they would allow them in this forum.  I have no problem with anyone being who they want to be.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Re: I am Jazz (TV Show)

[ Edited ]

Many of us (myself included) have never in our lives known a "transgender" person.  Suddenly, being transgender is out of the shadows; it's hot; it's accepted; heck, it's downright fashionable.  Now we're to be knocked over almost daily by trans magazine covers, news articles and reports, TV documentaries end entertainment shows, national awards.........and now a TV series featuring a minor child presented as a transgender person. 

Shame on these parents for exploiting a minor child for gain.  And shame on the TV channel helping them and lining up their big cut of the deal.  Something more to confuse our already confused society and a whole generation of children growing up without knowing what it means to be a boy or girl, man or woman.  How many kids will be intrigued by the glamorized TV premise and decide they too are "transgender" and adopt the androgenous dress and lifestyle as easily as they adopted tattoos, pink hair, and body piercings last month or last year?

Are we messed up, or what?  Tragic.  And ridiculous.  Does any thinking person really believe previously unidentified trans people are suddenly realizing by the truckload that they were born in the wrong bodies........and popping out of every closet and cranny in the USA?  So weary of this destructive krap.  Any family facing an exceptional, rare case where a child sincerely and seriously experiences gender issues should caringly work with that child to help sort out the issues discreetly in private.

Trusted Contributor

Re: I am Jazz (TV Show)

[ Edited ]

This forum really has become a different place, hasn't it?  I post here very little any more.......but in times past, a topic like this would have inspired a busy, lively, spirited discussion.  Now it just hangs here and dies on the vine.

I guess the remaining forum members have all been neutered by the overzealous board monitors.  (Or "bored monitors" might be more descriptive).  Too bad.

I may drop back in one day soon and see if there's any chance of life here.  Not looking good.

Honored Contributor

Jazz is a mature, smart, beautiful, young lady.   I think she and her parents are brave to let us have a glimpse into their world.

I hope other young men and women  watching and don't feel so alone.  I hope others watching have many of their  questions answered.  I hope it gets others thinking what they have in common.  We are so much more alike than different.

For anyone who has never met or had any contact with a transgendered person, I hope watching the show makes them think before being nasty, mean or insulting. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I don't make mean, nasty or insulting remarks about anyone, I don't care what or who they are.  This is a young child, why isn't there anything private any longer?  There is still a form of exploitation in this series... it was bad enough watching Kate and her herd, Booboo and the Duggars.. what next? 

There used to be a show about transgendering and the facility where it was done, amazing how and how happy these people were after the "full" transition.. They didn't have spin off shows, they probably instead to go on with their lives being happy and fulfilled.  The Doctor at the facility, I believe her name was Marcie (think she had the "full"surgery) was incredible and a very respected surgeon in her field. 

Go VOLS