Esteemed Contributor

Re: “I WANT MY MURPHY!!!

[ Edited ]

@addtothis, I want to congratulate you for stating a very obvious reason for many responses to Carolyn’s and Dan’s

departure.  At least the intensity that many of us feel.

What a victory it was when Carolyn returned from battling cancer.  Not everyone does.  Lost my best friend to it, and we all have those stories.

And another victory for Dan, when he returned from his heart issues.  Again, such a positive event.  And again, not everyone does.

And we all know loved ones who didn’t.

I know that I, and so many others, were so hoping and praying for them.  And so happy to see them back.

That, along with liking them as people, brought so many closer to them.

Just my personal thoughts here.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee, First, I want to thank you for all you do to make us laugh every day.  I appreciate your devotion.

I have noticed, and I am sure you have, how nasty and demeaning some folks have been (saying RIP???) to other people who are upset about Carolyn and Dan.  No shame there, I guess.

My father used to have a saying:  “Why bother trying to make you look like a fool when you are doing such a good job yourself?”

Again, thanks for all you contribute here!

Pam

Esteemed Contributor

Loved Murphy!Heart

Watch these clips of Pat, Dan and Murphy from QVC's 20th birthday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXydHq7A40E 

Respected Contributor

Re: “I WANT MY MURPHY!!!

[ Edited ]

@wifey2qt wrote:

@rms1954 - yes, people carrying on like their lives depend on who the host is ....unbelievable 

People carrying on like their lives depend on the host, is a big stretch. The outrage comes from a sense of fairness and logic to their actions. Your comments sound very cold, but maybe that works for you. Have a nice day.

Regular Contributor

@10sluvr wrote:

@wifey2qt wrote:

@rms1954 - yes, people carrying on like their lives depend on who the host is ....unbelievable 

People carring on like their lives depend on the host, is a big stretch. The outrage comes from a sense of fairness and logic to their actions. Your comments sound very cold, but maybe that works for you. Have a nice day.

No empathy from a lot of people nowadays. They like to minimize others. Very sad.

Trusted Contributor

I too loved watching the morning shows with Dan and Pat.  Also loved Murphy!

Valued Contributor

@threecees, thank you for that! I love it!

Super Contributor

Dear Pam, I do not know what to say but it hurt really bad when all this came out about Dan and Carolyn given the axe.  I truly felt bad when Stacey, Gabriel and Antonella were let go.  There is no need to keep hiring those that are not experienced just to save the almighty $!?  My husband worked for 45 years for a professional engineering and land surveying company.  It was not easy when times were tough with the economy in 1974 up until the mid 80s when it seemed a little better.  The owner of the company did NOT forsake his employees due to self profit!!  He knew how to work through it for his employees and their families.  Pam, thank you for understanding.  

Super Contributor

Qgirl, Murphy was a doll baby and so, so good and well trained.  Dan shared him with us all!  I know how you feel.😌

Super Contributor

@10sluvr  -  Ah yes, your perseption is I am being cold..ouchie! Nope, just being 100% realistic. These are hosts on a TV show, not a BFF, family or neighbor. The uproar on these boards does sure seem like a lot of crying and whining AkA "carrying-on" . You want fairness and logic? Move to fantasy land . People are ticked off because of a change that is of their control......somehow this will be old news real quick. Somehow the sun will still shine, and you all will still be watching and commenting about every host