Honored Contributor

I Swear I think I have a hole in my chin!

I've posted about this before!  However, yesterday, I had to 'eat my words' so to speak.

So I was eating lunch with my friend.  We eat together 4 or 5 times a week.  

She's lucky (or unlucky) enough to eat across from me all of the time.

Now I don't talk with my mouth full, nothing like that...But I do make a mess (much like a 2 year old) when I eat.

So, I've been working on keeping the food on the place (as opposed to my lap or top....or even the floor at times).  I really thought (key word...thought) I was doing a good job.

We'd eaten our favorite nachos at this particular restaurant and decided on a desert...(which we don't usually do....I promise).  

The desert came.  It looked like a giant round ice cream sandwich....(not much mess there) but.....da da da da.....sitting right there on the side of the plate was a big glob of...(are you ready.....hot chocolate syrup)....

See where this is going???

So, we both finished our desert and I mistakenly said, "Look!  I ate the whole thing and didn't drop one thing on me!"

She said, "Nope!  You sure didn't....you're getting so much better....I'm impressed".....

Then she said, (the woman has eyes that could spot a fly 20 feet away...(in the rain))....She says, "Oh!  Whoops!  I spoke too soon!  I think I see some chocolate syrup!"

I looked and looked....nothing!  Then she comes over to my side and points to a tiny black dot right there in the middle of my boobs!  OMG!  I was mortified!  I was doing so good!

I grabbed the napkin and dabbed an ice cube on it...Phew!  It disappeared!

So, I've decided there's a hole in my chin.  It only shows up when I'm eating....then it's gone again!

I just finished eating (just a few....promise) chips...I got up from the couch and .....guess what!  Falling on the floor were chips!  Yepper!  Chips!

So, I guess I could look at it this way....I've broken my very short record of NOT dropping food......or.....I prefer this....

I am KEEPING my record of always dropping food....See, there's an up side to everything....

You know, kinda like...."is the glass 1/2 full or 1/2 empty".  

An now my brain hurts...Too much thinking...gonna go rest.  Love you guy!  No food in the bed...well...maybe later...

Honored Contributor

Re: I Swear I think I have a hole in my chin!

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

LOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gif

(the woman has eyes that could spot a fly 20 feet away...(in the rain))

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66@I was sure I had the hole that you are talking about the first time I met my in laws.They gave me a glass of wine and every sip I took,no matter how slow or careful that wine just dribbled down my chin.I was becoming really embarrassed and everyone was watching....finally I noticed that there was a small hole in the cut crustal near the top of the glass.

Honored Contributor

Malicious MIL, @dex?

Honored Contributor

The real problem is that women have boobs.  Think about it, when men dribble it just falls down below table height and no one sees it.  I rarely can wear a top more than once, because the boob shelf has caught something on the way down.   

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

I’d like to offer that the issue can be chalked up to eyesight/bifocals/nearsightedness, etc. 

I’m sure of it!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66You cracked me up with this one!!!  You really need to write a book!

Love you!!!

Image result for pretty hearts

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ummm   *** note to self...send full body armor in form of a bib to @Annabellethecat66 for Christmas.  (Just kidding  you know!!)Woman LOL

You cracked me up on this one!!

Trusted Contributor

This story is so funny and I loved the way you told it.

I would so not stress over a tiny spot. This is why Shout was invented!

I Shout practically all of my DH tees and don't mind at all.

Makes me appreciate my bad vision even more.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat  LOL!

I always say we keep buying wine bottles that have a hole in them! 

they empty out so quick