Respected Contributor

Ladygray I am going through the same thing. My prayers are with you. 

Respected Contributor

You are a funny one. Made me laugh . We need to do that more often. I really enjoyed watching Christy on MoM learning to skip and then they all skipped at their AA meeting.

Super Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Ladygray 

I have Comcast Xfinity and 'Mom' (reruns) comes on the CW channel at 2pm(East coast).

They are a real hoot!

@KingstonsMom   I could watch "Mom" reruns all day.   I miss the show so much. Wish it hadn't gone off the air.   It was a comedy but the messages of hope and survival were so inspirational.

Hope you'll get to see that episode when Bonnie and Christy were skipping.  It makes me laugh every time I watch it.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Thank you, thank you for all your sweet messages.   If I made you smile or you get to try skipping to put on a smile... my day has been more than worthwhile.

Bless you all.

Respected Contributor
wow @ladygray...what a breath of FRESH air you are!!! Thank you for the smile. I wish I had been with you.
Honored Contributor

Next time you decide to go skipping, take me along, I love to skip!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Skipped Today

[ Edited ]

@Ladygray 

Good for you, keep it up. I haven't jumped rope since I was a kid, but I did do a lot of ice skating, and still do at 82. 

Lived a pretty healthy life as far as keeping my body in good physical shape, in between long hospital stays. Lots of running and also quit almost all the bad stuff like alcohol/smoking/gambling, and eat nothing that does not add nutrition to my body.

ETA:  Somehow I got "skipping" mixed up with jumping rope. @Ladygray  Sorry I missed the difference in the 2 activities. Pretty sure I can still skip, as that is how I do most of my leg crossover turns on my ice skates. Some call it the "skip or jump turn", even ask me how to learn to do it. Sorry again!

Happy Skippin Birthday to you.  🎂

hckynut 🥅🏒

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@Ladygray Love your post and the quote.  Just beautiful and so inspirational. Heart

Honored Contributor

@Ladygray   Love the Atticus poem.....today your "Pixie inside" did not hide, she laughed and skipped!  Hopefully we always let ourselves be active and treasure every day.  Wonderful postHeart

Respected Contributor

@Ladygray   Happy Birthday!   You rock!

Thank you for sharing the poem. I have saved it and will send it to some of my friends.   It certainly sums up what many of us feel inside no matter what the outside looks like.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet