Respected Contributor

Good for you and Happy Birthday.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

I'm 65 and I ran to the bathroom today...does that count?!?!?

@Othereeeen  it all depends on how far the bathroom was lol.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm going to try it in the driveway, but with my husband there, so I can make it look like I'm showing him something.  I don't think I'm quite at the "skip at will" stage yet, but who knows?

I remember skipping and trying to propel myself forward in midair to try and cover as much ground as possible.  That was fun.

OK.  I just did it in the house.  Immediate grin!  I just need to find my rhythm and away I go!  Thanks for the smile, @Ladygray   Hope things continue to look up for you.

Cogito ergo sum
Super Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@Othereeeen wrote:

@Othereeeen  it all depends on how far the bathroom was lol.

You're too funny.   You've got the spirit. 

Super Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

I'm going to try it in the driveway, but with my husband there, so I can make it look like I'm showing him something.  I don't think I'm quite at the "skip at will" stage yet, but who knows?

I remember skipping and trying to propel myself forward in midair to try and cover as much ground as possible.  That was fun.

OK.  I just did it in the house.  Immediate grin!  I just need to find my rhythm and away I go!  Thanks for the smile, @Ladygray   Hope things continue to look up for you.

You go girl!   It does get you there faster.   It's something that once you try it again, it's like a bike, you remember how to do it. 

Thank you so much!

Esteemed Contributor

@Ladygray You made me smile, and you warmed my heart with this charming post. You know it's true we all start out wide eyed, and skipping. Then the world gets a hold of us, and we stop skipping, and worry about how we look doing it.  

Honored Contributor

@Ladygray 

I have Comcast Xfinity and 'Mom' (reruns) comes on the CW channel at 2pm(East coast).

They are a real hoot!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

@Ladygray  Good for you! Keep skipping. Great post. Made me giggle.

BTW, 60 is not old. Just a number.Woman LOL Think I will try skipping tomorrow too.

Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

@Othereeeen 

Only once???? I'm 68 and it 3-4 times for me!

Yeah, my cardio must be pumpin'!

Almost as good as if I had walked through a spider web!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Happy happy birthday @Ladygray  Wishing you many many more. I love Atticus he is one of my favorites. This poem is so true. I'm glad you let go and skipped. I'm sure it felt so good. I think I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration. ❤️🙏🎂