Honored Contributor

Re: I Need Gift Basket Ideas

@ECBG wrote:

Go to River Street Sweets dot com.  You won't believe the yummy things they have!!!!!  Handmade!

Image result for combination form river street sweets

@ECBG

I knew I should have never went over to their site to look. LOL!!! Now I have to place an order for the Holidays.

Looks so good.

They also have chocolate covered apples with nuts & sea salt caramel chocolate apples. YUM!!!

I will have to send my sister some stuff.

Honored Contributor

Treats are always good, hand cream, TV guide, night light, warm socks.

Honored Contributor

How about offerine to do a load of laundry, taking clothes to the cleaners, bringing by a meal, or doing some errands for them?

It was those things that were so appreciated by us when one of us was recouperating.  Take them a treat, buy them something useful, etc. or maybe you could go together with friends and have the house cleaned for them. 

Valued Contributor

So many good ideas here already!  I love the gossip magazine idea (they are fun when you’re couped up in bed) neck pillow, flavored lip balms, packets of disinfectant wipes, mug with packets of instant soup, hot chocolate, tea and saltine crackers. 

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Go to River Street Sweets dot com.  You won't believe the yummy things they have!!!!!  Handmade!

@ECBG

I knew I should have never went over to their site to look. LOL!!! Now I have to place an order for the Holidays.

Looks so good.

They also have chocolate covered apples with nuts & sea salt caramel chocolate apples. YUM!!!

@NightowlzOften, if you order a box of Pecan Pralines, they'll send you a free box.  Each one is indivudally wrapped and can be frozen.Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Thanks.  Great ideas, everyone.

Respected Contributor

@patticakes  This probably wouldn't fit in a gift basket but after surgery sleeping can be uncomfortable.  

I have given and been the recipient of the small travel or baby pillows that are soft/malleable and can be placed in strategic spots to avoid pressure points when trying to sleep--like betwwen the knees or ankles, small of the back, etc.

Great gift for pregnant mother-to-be, also, especially during that awkward third trimester.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Depending on what kind of surgery she had and if it was abdominal, I would not suggest any kind of food, up to and including fruits.  Does she have asthma?  How long is she going to be bedridden, wheelchair or housebound?  

I think a lot of these questions should be answered.  As a group leader in a large SS class, I always find out from the family or the person involved, what would be best, a fruit or gift basket of cosmetics (as many might have asthma and prefer not to have these lotions and so fort)  or a monetary gift certificate to a place they would enjoy, either a movie, a grocery store or a favorite clothing store.  Although it might not be a big certificate to buy an awful lot in some places, it could make a down payment, even at a favorite restaurant.  Are there family members there to go out and buy or could you do some shopping at a grocer or restaurant?  Is there a housekeeper who needs feeding also?   Could you provide food for pets in the house?  Could you pay one day for domestic help?

That's how I roll. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think anything that provides help or needed resources is often more needed than "things."  And there are many good suggestions here for help that I wouldn't have thought of.

Maybe even taking things to the dry cleaners and paying for it.  Anything that helps out with something that needs to be done no matter how small it might seem!  

What wonderful generous and thoughtful people we have here!

Edited to add the word PEOPLE!  LOL!!!  I am not awake yet I think.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG

Looks so good.

@NightowlzOften, if you order a box of Pecan Pralines, they'll send you a free box.  Each one is indivudally wrapped and can be frozen.Smiley Happy

@ECBG

I think I would like the bear claws & caramel chocolate dipped apples. I don't know if I would like the Pecan Pralines or not they are usually too sweet. Guess I should try them.