New Contributor

I DO NOT KNOW WHY QVC COULD LET CAROLYN GRACIE GO. SHE WAS ONE OF THE TOP 3 BEST HOSTS THEY HAD. 

SHE AND GARY FROM DENIM & CO WERE A GREAT TEAM. 

SHE WAS SO GOOD AT HER JOB. A SWEET PERSONALITY AND ALWAYS SINCERE. ..I CANNOT IMAGINE THE CORPORATES LETTING HER GO. 

I HAVE MISSED HER SO MUCH. SOME OF THE NEW GIRLS ARE OK. BUT THEY LACK THE SINCERITY AND HONESTY THAT CAROLYN HAD. 

SOME OF YOUR HOSTS TALK TOO MUCH, AND NEVER GIVE SIZES ETC. BUT NOT CAROLYN.   WHAT A LOSS TO QVC.  AND FROM WHAT I READ,  SHE HAD MANY CUSTOMERS WHO LOVED HER VERY MUCH. SO SAD. 

MAUREEN W. 

Regular Contributor

OMG!

Honored Contributor

Life has moved on for Carolyn; she's not stuck on what used to be.  Let it go seems like the perfect phrase for this topic.

Honored Contributor

@otismilo2 wrote:

I DO NOT KNOW WHY QVC COULD LET CAROLYN GRACIE GO. SHE WAS ONE OF THE TOP 3 BEST HOSTS THEY HAD. 

SHE AND GARY FROM DENIM & CO WERE A GREAT TEAM. 

SHE WAS SO GOOD AT HER JOB. A SWEET PERSONALITY AND ALWAYS SINCERE. ..I CANNOT IMAGINE THE CORPORATES LETTING HER GO. 

I HAVE MISSED HER SO MUCH. SOME OF THE NEW GIRLS ARE OK. BUT THEY LACK THE SINCERITY AND HONESTY THAT CAROLYN HAD. 

SOME OF YOUR HOSTS TALK TOO MUCH, AND NEVER GIVE SIZES ETC. BUT NOT CAROLYN.   WHAT A LOSS TO QVC.  AND FROM WHAT I READ,  SHE HAD MANY CUSTOMERS WHO LOVED HER VERY MUCH. SO SAD. 

MAUREEN W. 

@otismilo2 

Your post is about the 15th thread on this topic.   

Surely you must realize that corporations have to do what is best for the financial health of the company ... right?  

At the time Carolyn and Dan were let go, so were 400 other QVC employees.  Are you just as upset about them losing their jobs?

Personally, I think that since both hosts were fairly close to retirement it was decided that giving them a nice severance package that took them to their retirement date was a good way to handle things. 

(I'm speculating here, based on what I know about how companies handle lay offs).

Nevertheless, keep in mind that all hosts aren't your friends ... they are sales reps for a shopping channel.  Even if the lay-off date was a surprise to Carolyn and Dan, they were probably laughing all the way to the bank.   When it's time to move on, we move on.  

Respected Contributor

Sorry you're missing Carolyn...I enjoyed watching Jill B present home decor so I understand but times change, hosts move on, that's just the way it is. Be well @otismilo2 

Respected Contributor

Did she actually have many customers who loved her, or just viewers? There's a difference. 

Salespeople are only as good as the sales they generate. 

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

Did she actually have many customers who loved her, or just viewers? There's a difference. 

Salespeople are only as good as the sales they generate

@Etoile308 

Excellent point!   People might have liked Carolyn, but if her sales figures weren't great, that would have factored into the decision, as well.    

Esteemed Contributor

I simply cannot believe we are still talking about it........

Respected Contributor

Oh Lordy! 😀

Valued Contributor

As much as I liked Carolyn and Dan, I think they both contributed to their own demise.  I couldn't believe how Carolyn continued with those ridiculous squirrels, even speaking in a squirrel voice. What may have started as cute, it quickly ran it's course.  The same with Dan and his endless corny jokes and comments. They both didn't seem to get that what they were doing didn't work. I agree that this is a tired subject that should be over.