Respected Contributor

Re: I Just Want To Go On Record As Saying That...

[ Edited ]

I'm sure it would have been left alone but I'm sure it was because of certain posters that complained, so kudos to them.  It's the usual persecution of a particular religious group.  It's been going on for thousands of years.

I'm sure this thread will be deleted, along with all the others that were started complaining or giving their opinion.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Stardust2 wrote:

A sad country we live in. I don't go to church anymore due to health reasons however, I loved Gloria's messages.

Her messages wer such a goodstart to my day! Whatever happened to freedom of religion? How can God offend anyone?

The sad thing is good old QVC is FINE with talking about religion as long as we are shelling out dollars for religious jewelry, CHRISTMAS decorations, etc. etc.  Then it's GREAT to talk about it and uphold it.

SHAME SHAME SHAME on QVC!  This really has affected HOW I FEEL about this whole enterprise--and I've shopped for at least 25 years here.  And I think if you are going to remove those little religious sayings from the bottoms of posts REMOVE ALL OF THEM!  Lots of them are philosophical, so that's stating a belief as well.  SO get rid of them all.

Should they not be making big bucks ON AIR and on the website about religion, I wouldn't feel as strongly as I do about this, but I still would think it is simply wrong to delete that long standing and HARMLESS thread that they blew away!

Respected Contributor

@Sooner, I don't watch enough of QVC to know this, but do the hosts and/or guests quote the Bible or proselytize in any way when they sell religious items?

Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel

I agree. While I was raised a Roman Catholic I am now much different. It is my opinion that our country is headed to being a total secular environment and not something I see as being the least bit better because of it, quite the contrary. I see this once again as PC going to an extreme.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

@Sooner, I don't watch enough of QVC to know this, but do the hosts and/or guests quote the Bible or proselytize in any way when they sell religious items?

@SaRina  Apparently you missed last night's show about the bracelets made in Medjurgorje where Shawn went into 'higher power' and mentioned the apparations of the Virgin Mary in that area.  I ended up turning it off because it was an expression of faith; it was about faith and a higher power in one's life; and because Medjugorje is really a sore topic in the Catholic Church.

But if anybody mentions Medjugorje HERE it will be poofed.

So there you have it.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

@SaRina  Apparently you missed last night's show about the bracelets made in Medjurgorje where Shawn went into 'higher power' and mentioned the apparations of the Virgin Mary in that area.  I ended up turning it off because it was an expression of faith; it was about faith and a higher power in one's life; and because Medjugorje is really a sore topic in the Catholic Church.

But if anybody mentions Medjugorje HERE it will be poofed.

So there you have it.

Yes, I missed that show, but then I stopped watching Shawn a long time ago because there is nothing about her I care for. :-)

I would think if enough people are annoyed by a host's expression of her faith, they should be calling in to Corporate. I doubt (enough) people are doing that, if any at all. People tend to grumble on their own without taking any action. If enough people put pressure on QVC to disallow this type of presentation, I'm sure QVC would have no choice but to cave to the demand.

Esteemed Contributor

I am a Christian but resented how far GJ had push the envelope.  This site is not for one person to post yards and yards of their particular viewpoint or interests.  Thank you QVC for reigning this issue in.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lately there have been a number of posts from GJ and others that are specifically "soliciting" another forum which is not allowed.  

I've heard the term cakers mentioned and want to look that up out of curiosity.

Esteemed Contributor

@Stardust2 wrote:

...How can God offend anyone?

hI @Stardust2

When you can answer this question, you'll be that much closer to understanding the battle between Good and evil.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~