Respected Contributor

Re: I Got a Warning from Amazon!

@World Traveler wrote:

Very interesting. I didn't get a warning, but they sent me their guidelines to review after I posted that the company, Satisfaction4you (I think that was the name), never sent my order that I placed in July. I kept getting in the order status that it was "on its way" but it never came. 

When I posted in the reviews that fact that company had not sent it yet, and that it had been THREE months, I said something like, "It's only toilet paper; what can possibly be the problem?" Well, they wouldn't post it. Amazon refunded my money, but the order status kept saying "on it's way." Still does.

I noticed that other people posted that they never got their order from Satisfaction4you or that it took very, very long. So, I am not sure why those reviews were allowed to be posted and mine wasn't. I even tried to rewrite it, yet getting across the point that the company did not get the product to me. I didn't want others to use that third-party supplier for the same product.

@World Traveler I had a similar problem with an item from a 3rd party. I wrote a terrible review, but it did get published. I thought awhile back I had seen a box to check for "USA" vendors only, as on eBay. On eBay, I ALWAYS check that box. I have never had any problems with a refund, from Amazon, except that particular item. In fact, I got a damaged item once, Amazon refunded & told me to keep the item. I was & still am in shock over that, lol. 

Honored Contributor

There's a line between giving your opinion and bashing and trashing a product.  I don't know about those other reviews but the one for the sleep aid went far beyond sharing your experience or giving an opinion.  Bad batch?  Fake review?  That was a product review and you know it.  If your other reviewers were similar, then it's obvious to Amazon that you just use the reviews to trash products you don't like.  Many people do that, people post reviews here for products that don't even own.  It's not fair because there people who do trust reviews.  The love of life, I do not know why.  You hated the product, you like Lessman's products so why wouldn't you go back to Lessman?  The thing about this that amazes me is that Amazon actually read your review and took action.  I didn't know they did that.  It's something QVC should consider.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I'll bet it's because you're supposed to review the product and not the company.  I'll bet they've recently changed their guidelines.  You can review the company another way.  Under your orders if the order wasn't shipped from Amazon, it says "leave seller feedback."  You can post what happened to you there.  I always check the seller's feedback before ordering.

@NickNack That's what I did also. I emailed the company directly that way, first, before posting my review. Amazon intervenes and says they will pass the message on to the supplier. The supplier never got back to me. That's when Amazon reimbursed the money I spent. But.....I still wanted people to know how I never got the product I ordered, even after three months had gone by. I didn't want someone else to have the same experience.

Honored Contributor

@TX-starlight wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

Very interesting. I didn't get a warning, but they sent me their guidelines to review after I posted that the company, Satisfaction4you (I think that was the name), never sent my order that I placed in July. I kept getting in the order status that it was "on its way" but it never came. 

When I posted in the reviews that fact that company had not sent it yet, and that it had been THREE months, I said something like, "It's only toilet paper; what can possibly be the problem?" Well, they wouldn't post it. Amazon refunded my money, but the order status kept saying "on it's way." Still does.

I noticed that other people posted that they never got their order from Satisfaction4you or that it took very, very long. So, I am not sure why those reviews were allowed to be posted and mine wasn't. I even tried to rewrite it, yet getting across the point that the company did not get the product to me. I didn't want others to use that third-party supplier for the same product.

@World Traveler I had a similar problem with an item from a 3rd party. I wrote a terrible review, but it did get published. I thought awhile back I had seen a box to check for "USA" vendors only, as on eBay. On eBay, I ALWAYS check that box. I have never had any problems with a refund, from Amazon, except that particular item. In fact, I got a damaged item once, Amazon refunded & told me to keep the item. I was & still am in shock over that, lol. 

@TX-starlight I too had that experience. A hardback picture book I wanted to give as a gift last Christmas came with the spine detached from the pages. I contacted them and they sent a replacement, but it wasn't much better. They refunded my money and told me to keep the books. They weren't cheap either! The person really wanted the book and I gave them the second, less damaged book. 

Honored Contributor

I no longer trust Amazon's reviews, since they started offering free products to some, in exchange for their review and sourcing reviews from other sites on the same product, while I may not deem those 'other' sites to be reputable.

If a company gives you a product for free, in exchange for a 'glowing' review, what would you do?

My guess is that they would give the 'glowing' review, to keep getting free products from Amazon.

JMHO.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I no longer trust Amazon's reviews, since they started offering free products to some, in exchange for their review and sourcing reviews from other sites on the same product, while I may not deem those 'other' sites to be reputable.

If a company gives you a product for free, in exchange for a 'glowing' review, what would you do?

My guess is that they would give the 'glowing' review, to keep getting free products from Amazon.

JMHO.

@KingstonsMom  I got an email from Amazon two or three months ago saying that the vendors are no longer allowed to give products in exchange for a review.  They said if you are offered this to let them know.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

For awhile I was in a consumer study group that was shipped free products to test before market.I guess I was too honest and was dropped from the group.The last product was granola bars that were not tasty at all.I gave them to my sons friends to sample and review after school and not one person enjoyed them.Inthink honesty helps to improve a product to the point where it can withstand the market....but I learned that if you want free stuff your cons are not appreciated.

Honored Contributor

I can only say that I wish QVC would crack down on reviews that don't meet guidelines.  People may not like getting those notices but that's the way it should be in order to make reviews effective.  You should review the appearance and/or effectiveness of the product, not customer service issues.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Amazon - re: eyebrow product I'd bought in the past.  Amazon bugged me via email to post a Review (many times) and I had to be 'Verified' as purchasing product.  Did that - wrote Review that product seemed different - that's it - nothing negative. They responded back to me like they did OP - refused to post as it didn't meet their standards.  (Never responded to their request for another Review)

Respected Contributor

"Failure to comply with our policies may result in your account being banned from taking part in Community features."

Whatever that means, I'm not going to find out!  No more reviews for me!