Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Got a Warning from Amazon!

@BirkiLady wrote:

So much for trusting the reviews on Amazon! I have also relied (and believed) them to be valid. Guess they are slanted in favor of the vendor. Not a fan of that kind of business tactics. Thanks for sharing.

I read negative reviews on Amazon all the time, often numerous very negative "don't waste your money" reviews.  I've also posted reviews (both positive and negative) with no problems at all all.  Every one of them was posted quickly, and word-for-word what I had written. 

So I trust the reviews on Amazon.  I have no reason not to, and many reasons to believe that the reviews are a true representation of consumers' satisfaction and dissatisfaction.

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

My guess would be that "implying" that the other reviews were fake is what caused the notice.    JMHO.

That's what I thought too.  I've seen a lot of reviews that were very, very negative, so I don't think it has anything to do with that.  It probably violated some terms or something along those lines.

If it were me, I would want to know for sure exactly what the issue was, and I'd probably start with a call to Customer Service.  In my experience they are very helpful, and I have had many reps go above and beyond for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

I'll bet it's because you're supposed to review the product and not the company.  I'll bet they've recently changed their guidelines.  You can review the company another way.  Under your orders if the order wasn't shipped from Amazon, it says "leave seller feedback."  You can post what happened to you there.  I always check the seller's feedback before ordering.

@NickNack That's what I did also. I emailed the company directly that way, first, before posting my review. Amazon intervenes and says they will pass the message on to the supplier. The supplier never got back to me. That's when Amazon reimbursed the money I spent. But.....I still wanted people to know how I never got the product I ordered, even after three months had gone by. I didn't want someone else to have the same experience.

I see reviews all the time that are about that.  People say the product took months to arrive, or they've been waiting months and still haven't received it.  I actually was close to ordering something once, read the reviews, and saw that several people had issues receiving the item in a timely manner.  So I didn't order, and I did appreciate that others had posted about their experiences.

From what I've seen, Amazon doesn't have a problem with that.

Honored Contributor

You should call them and be persistant about wanting to know exactly what you said.  I was actually banned for months.  I never received even a warning. All my reviews are positive, I dont bother with bad reviews.  I bought an exercise thing I loved and went to post a review a couple months ago.   It said you have been blocked from reviews. Yada yada.  I was clueless

I called.....no one, I mean no one could tell me why.  I went from manager to manager.  After several days of agent going dept to dept.  they gave me an email to contact.  I emailed them with request to know why I was banned. In a couple days they emailed back saying I was reinstated.  They could not give me a reason why this all happened.

if you go to your search engine and key in "why was i banned from reviewing on amazon", slews of stuff comes up.  Did you mention another brand?  Go online to amazon guidelines for reviews, see if you could have broken their law.  I did nothing.  However, someone told me too many five star reviews get the eye of the community standard board because they wonder if you are a shill or a friend of vendor promoting their product.  I did give all good reviews, but I dont know a soul who sells on amazon.  I was hurt and offended. I was seriously concidering giving up amazon, and cancelling my membership. But I must spend 10,000 plus a year there.  I buy everything there  Would  Hurt me more than them, lol. But I would of done it, had I not recieved an answer!!!

Respected Contributor

I recognize and admit that what caused the initial email was the fact that I questioned the validity of other reviews, which I understand and agree with.  But when I got an official "warning" a couple days later, after not having written any other reviews, questionable or otherwise, that stung. 

I will continue to buy from Amazon, I just love the convenience.  I just won't write any more reviews.  Especially after reading here about some of your experiences, I'm not going to worry about conforming to their mysterious guidelines and jumping through hoops to get reinstated.  I thought my input was helpful to others, but it seems Amazon would disagree. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read reviews - I take them into consideration but do not make it my only reason for purchasing/not purchasing.  I have not made many reviews on Amazon but on Overstock I do as they will pay for each review lol..and I have had a few not make the cut- mostly for complaining about shipping time..or being too blunt.

I learned not to trust the Kindle book reviews..so many of the authors provide advance copies of their books to readers for a supposedly HONEST review..but they are anything but..when it starts off with I received an advanced copy of this book for my review and it is a kiss fanny better than sliced bread - best book ever..oh please. I now look for Amazon VERIFIED PURCHASE next to book reviews. Again with Kindle Unlimited - it isn't a huge issue but and I do download a sample first - but forget the reviews these days..

Super Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Very interesting. I didn't get a warning, but they sent me their guidelines to review after I posted that the company, Satisfaction4you (I think that was the name), never sent my order that I placed in July. I kept getting in the order status that it was "on its way" but it never came. 

You're reviewing the product, not the seller and you should never mention not receiving an item or the the condition it was in when you received it because it's irrelevant

People like myself who post lots of reviews there hate it when reviewers don't stick with reviewing the ITEM purchased. 

Super Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

@Suzeecat

I said nothing negative about the product.  So I said phooey.  I don't have time or interest in mickey mousing around to satisfy their goal.  I just decided not to leave reviews any longer.

You're free to leave negative reviews. Over half of mine are negative and they get posted fine. 

Super Contributor

@SweetSydney wrote:

@Suzeecat

Are you aware of the fact that most of the reviews on Amazon are paid for?
I had a review removed because apparently another person didn't like what I posted and I knew who had my review removed.
I feel bad for you that Amazon treated you so horribly.
Amazon is going to end up losing a good customer like you.

Where the heck are you getting that false information? You really should watch the nonsense you spread.

Valued Contributor

You should'nt feel bad because that is your personal experience and you are voicing it for other real customers just like you who wanna know if that stuff really works. Im thinking that amazon doesnt really want REAL reviews then, they just want you to lie and tell everyone how wonderful it is even if its not. That is not Ok. Personally, i dont think anyone should buy anything ingestible from amazon anyway. I mean that stuff could be coming from some other country and could be anything other than advertised. If you are able to drive and are able to walk please go see your doctor and have them prescribe you something, if its not that serious then you can order online from any drug stores like cvs, walgreens, target.... all these stores carry some form of supplements and they deliver. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop