Honored Contributor

Re: I Got Asked If I Was Pregnant!

@butterfly123 She sounds like someone I'd like to hang out with.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

Glad you took it well.  I don't get offended easily, but that question would offend me.

Why? It is a standard question medical people have to ask before they do certain procedures.  I have been asked several times and I am not spring chicken.

i just say " yes" and watch their expression,

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

Now - that will attract men!!!!!! 

Spoiler
Woman Very Happy
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

You Go Gurl! Heart

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

I am 72.  The past several years at each yearly physical I get asked if I am sexually active by the nurse as she fills out the pre-visit form.  I've never been asked if I am pregnant.  She apologizes each time and says asking this question is the law.  I just smile.  I would like to ask her how often is active but she is already embarrassed.  I have been with my obgyn since he got out of medical school about 25 years ago.  If he had asked me that question I would have asked him his definition of active.  At my age I should not need to be asked either question especially because of some law.

Respected Contributor

Once when I was 60, the doctor asked me what type of birth control I was using.  I said I didn't need any.  She started to give me a lecture about unintended pregnancies and when I started laughing - she did too.  I guess sometimes people just get so embroiled in the have-to-ask questions etc., they forget who they are talking to.

Honored Contributor

@Gram W wrote:

I am 72.  The past several years at each yearly physical I get asked if I am sexually active by the nurse as she fills out the pre-visit form.  I've never been asked if I am pregnant.  She apologizes each time and says asking this question is the law.  I just smile.  I would like to ask her how often is active but she is already embarrassed.  I have been with my obgyn since he got out of medical school about 25 years ago.  If he had asked me that question I would have asked him his definition of active.  At my age I should not need to be asked either question especially because of some law.

"how often is active"

I just spit my coffee!  You should have asked!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

shoot with the new technology of today some of these women are opting to have kids for other people well into their 60's !  Wouldn't surprise me if their is a pregnant 70 yr. old out there some where.

men turning into women, and vice versa. Nothing surprises me today.

If an alien came town from outer space he could probably have a transplant and look like George Clooney in few wks.

@Annabellethecat66

Honored Contributor

I think I'd worry about a nurse who would ask a woman your age that.I'm absolutely positive there is a ? on her form asking what age you went thru menopause that would have been more appropriate and would have answered this ? too.

Honored Contributor

Well @Annabellethecat66, be careful, the next thing is showing your driver's license. You're not getting older, you're getting better. Woman LOL