Trusted Contributor

I Finally Got My Husband's Prescription Refilled - 14 days after initial request

Thank you everyone for your kindness and helpfulness.  I finally got the prescription refilled.

I was insistant that I wanted to speak to someone that could solve it today and would not accept their telling me they would put in another request for review.  

Spoke to the head nurse.  She said one problem was that it was routed, in error, to 2 physicians that were not my husband's physician.

Even though my husband's physician was out due to a family emergency, she said she would check to see if he was available through instant messaging - linked.  He answered her and he said this was the first time he ever heard of this request for a refill!  She had me on the phone while she was typing and said it had been sent numerous times over the past 14 days.  All she could say to me was maybe they are having problems with their new computer system and maybe he did not get the messages??

What I learned is is the future, after a reasonable amount of time I will be nice, but push and insist I speak to someone that can resolve the issue that day.  I will try to have my pharmacy refill the prescription as maybe they will get better service and have a direct method of getting issues resolved.   As for switching doctors, before I do so, at the next visit I will remind the doctor of what happened and see what he saids, how it addresses it.  My husband does not do will with change, so even though the treatment was so unacceptable, I'm not sure if he will be willing to start over with a new doctor (he has many health issues).

I sincerely again want to thank everyone for all of your suggestions, kindness and just being there when I needed someone to talk to  - THANK YOU!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: I Finally Got My Husband's Prescription Refilled - 14 days after initial request

@BunSnoop  Congratulations!  Every once in awhile we ordinary people win one over the médicoes.  Your hubby is lucky to have you as an advocate.  You were very, necessarily persistant. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: I Finally Got My Husband's Prescription Refilled - 14 days after initial request

So glad to hear the good news. Well, now you know how to get hings moving.

I went onto AARP/Walgreen's on line pharmacy on 7/1. I am still  trying to get a prescription filled.

Not pleased at all. My Doctor has given them the prescription 3 times. Twice they said they have no record of the prescription. Then the "wrong" Walgreen's sent out the drugs. I now have to wait for the mailer to send back the drugs to the "wrong" Walgreens. And then wait for the "right" Walgreens to send out the same drug. I expect that when this finally happens - it will have taken 2 months.

Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop

Great news for you and your husband. 

Good for you for being persistant and not taking no for an answer. 

Hopefully, you and your husband will enjoy your evening. 

Blessings 🌹

Honored Contributor

I'm happy to hear that your husband has his medicine.  There is no need to change doctors, this awful mix up was not the doctor's fault.  It sounds like it was a series of errors by the office staff and perhaps problems using their system.  I think you definitely should discuss this with the physcian, he needs to be aware of this problem in the office and ask him exactly what you should do and who you should speak to if you have a similar problem in the future and you can't connect with him.

Honored Contributor

So unacceptable and plenty of blame to go around.

Glad you got what you needed for DH

@BunSnoop

Respected Contributor

I will shout it from the rooftops:  "Every person needs a patient advocate!"

Your husband has one in you, congratulations.

Esteemed Contributor

am happy that it worked out for you...

Esteemed Contributor

I'm so glad your husnbad finally got his meds. I hope the clinic can figure out just what happened so this never happens again, to you or anyone else.