Super Contributor

My Pnterest account was hacked.

Now I'm afraid to do anything w/Pinterest.

I have no clue about Facebook.

No smart phone-no one calls me anyway.

DH has no interst in trying to help me, which is par for his behavior.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Ladies I'm OLDER THAN DIRT and you can do this.  Do it the very way children learn.  Not all at once, but a little at a time. Use one piece of technology and the next will be easier.  I promise. Smiley Happy

You can post here and use your cell phone!  You have a running start!!!!!Smiley Happy

@ECBG  Oh, beginning here was a nightmare. I read “settings” & “help” and inched my way into an account to learn to post. Watched others and asked questions when I saw hearts and replies to what I wrote. Some may remember my struggles and asking for help to learn to post a photo. It’s difficult for some more than others. That side of my brain is “iffy”......art, writing poetry, doing makeup, making jewelry...a piece of cake. 

@Shanus Enjoy your artistic side.  The best thing about this site, is learning at your own pace, and holding hands.

Honored Contributor

@Maestra1 wrote:

@Maestra1   Sorry DH is not helpful. Hacking is another fear of mine. This year, our doctor’s office computers were hacked...someone out there has all our medical info, payment info, etc. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Maestra1 wrote:

I find help on YouTube. I do hope you have a flip phone for an emergency. 

Honored Contributor

I am also old as dirt, yet enjoy life immensely without social media. What irritates me most is those who preach that you need it and they act superior because they know how to use it. Some people never learned to drive and they have survived quite nicely in life. I feel everyone should do what they feel comfortable with and not judge others for their choices. 

Respected Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

Speaking strictly for myself, I cannot imagine having no intellectual curiosity or believing that I know all there is worth knowing. The day I stop having the desire to learn and grow is the day I want to die as there is nothing left to live for. I have kept myself pretty computer literate and keep up with professional education online even though I am retired. I'm on Facebook, Instagram, and twitter to keep in touch with family and friends and I control how much information I put out there. I believe life is a journey to be lived and experienced in all its forms. Otherwise, what's the point?

I kinda sorta understand where you're coming from...but don't believe intellectual curiosity is necessarily tied to social media or smartphones.

I.E., most of my information/knowledge gained IS from the internet.  But not through texting, FB, Twitter, Instagram, et all.  I could give you numerous examples if you desire.

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

I can use a computer, use Google,  pay 1 bill online, have a Smartphone although I didn't know it until DD toldme.  I have no data plan with it, I don't need to be able to shop online every where I go.  I take my phone when I leave the house in case of emergency.  Usually it's almost dead and charge it in the car.  I rarely text.

Would rather be run over by a Zamboni rather than do Facebook, Instagram and whatever else is out there.  DH's family and my 2 nieces are all Facebook all the time.  It's how most invitations to non-gift related things are done.  Ok, by me.  If I don't know about it no obligation to attend. Shower and wedding, and graduation party invites are mailed.  I do send gifts or money.  I don't need to know every aspect of everyones life.  

I don't need or want to do anymore tech stuff than I do now.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I can use a computer, use Google,  pay 1 bill online, have a Smartphone although I didn't know it until DD toldme.  I have no data plan with it, I don't need to be able to shop online every where I go.  I take my phone when I leave the house in case of emergency.  Usually it's almost dead and charge it in the car.  I rarely text.

Would rather be run over by a Zamboni rather than do Facebook, Instagram and whatever else is out there.  DH's family and my 2 nieces are all Facebook all the time.  It's how most invitations to non-gift related things are done.  Ok, by me.  If I don't know about it no obligation to attend. Shower and wedding, and graduation party invites are mailed.  I do send gifts or money.  I don't need to know every aspect of everyones life.  

I don't need or want to do anymore tech stuff than I do now.

Oh, but how will you LIVE without seeing their duck-lip selfies and pics of whatever they've had for lunch???

Shame on you for not exploring your "intellectual curiosity".

I'm snarky today and not sorry.

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

@denisemb   I know.  How do I get through a day without seeing someone looking in a mirror taking a picture of what they are wearing?   I know what a plate of food looks like.  Yes, you have cute kids but I don't need to know everytime the kid hiccups.

I am not that self absorbed to think everyone wants to know every move I make.

Maxine (Hallmark cards) is my hero and proud of it.

Honored Contributor

I have never witnessed anyone take a selfie. I guess I don’t get out enough.