Esteemed Contributor

I use my iPad, a simple phone, e-mail, and google.  That suits my needs.  I love to research so many things on google and, of course, I know how to order online.  I am the most untechie person you could meet, so I think even this is amazing.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I FEEL OLD AS DIRT

[ Edited ]

Don't blame it on age!  Just because you haven't been exposed or taught it doesn't mean you can't do it!

We tend to let technology intimidate us for no reason!

I've been doing computing since 1973, yes, 1973.

Doesn't mean I am smarter, just exposed to it early and have kept up with it.  The one thing I don't understand is ALEXA!  So personal yet so many users!

I don't Instagram, Snapchat or Skype simply because I don't know anyone who does!  

Couldn't live without my computer, tablet and phone!

Respected Contributor

I have no idea what people are talking about half the time.

All of these abbreviations  are too much for me to keep up with. 🤣

Honored Contributor

Ladies I'm OLDER THAN DIRT and you can do this.  Do it the very way children learn.  Not all at once, but a little at a time. Use one piece of technology and the next will be easier.  I promise. Smiley Happy

You can post here and use your cell phone!  You have a running start!!!!!Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

Don't blame it on age!  Just because you haven't been exposed or taught it doesn't mean you can't do it!

We tend to let technology intimidate us for no reason!

I've been doing computing since 1973, yes, 1973.

Doesn't mean I am smarter, just exposed to it early and have kept up with it.  The one thing I don't understand is ALEXA!  So personal yet so many users!

I don't Instagram, Snapchat or Skype simply because I don't know anyone who does!  

Couldn't live without my computer, tablet and phone!

@Zhills   I’m content w/ my IPAD, cell phone and what it inables me to do. I can email, text, order what I need, google and check my medical info. I was exposed to computers when my kids were teens and they learned their technology at school. DH is a techie because his office requires it. I rely on him for any additional “training” I need. I did sign up for a free class that came w/ my IPAD...I didn’t understand a word after “Hello everyone. Welcome to Apple Technology”. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Ladies I'm OLDER THAN DIRT and you can do this.  Do it the very way children learn.  Not all at once, but a little at a time. Use one piece of technology and the next will be easier.  I promise. Smiley Happy

You can post here and use your cell phone!  You have a running start!!!!!Smiley Happy

@ECBG  Oh, beginning here was a nightmare. I read “settings” & “help” and inched my way into an account to learn to post. Watched others and asked questions when I saw hearts and replies to what I wrote. Some may remember my struggles and asking for help to learn to post a photo. It’s difficult for some more than others. That side of my brain is “iffy”......art, writing poetry, doing makeup, making jewelry...a piece of cake. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't do a lot of the new things. I don't even have a cell phone. can't call to heaven. Thank goodness for this little chrome to know what is happening somewhat.

Esteemed Contributor

I may be "older" but I love my itoys as I call them, mac computer, iPad and iPhone.  Most fun I have with my phone is when I use Apple Pay.  Went to a local sub shop the other day, paid with my phone and the young man behind the counter looked at me, smiled and said, wow, my grandma doesn't even text and look at you LOL. 

Had facebook and twitter but gave them up when I realized I didn't care about most stuff I saw.  I do text, share pictures with kids and grand kids and have even gone shopping with grand daughter via iPad where she would send a pic of outfits she was trying on for my opinion and she is 10 (of course she was with her Mom) I'm on board with anything fun and makes my life easier and my iToys do that for me.  

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

I may be "older" but I love my itoys as I call them, mac computer, iPad and iPhone.  Most fun I have with my phone is when I use Apple Pay.  Went to a local sub shop the other day, paid with my phone and the young man behind the counter looked at me, smiled and said, wow, my grandma doesn't even text and look at you LOL. 

Had facebook and twitter but gave them up when I realized I didn't care about most stuff I saw.  I do text, share pictures with kids and grand kids and have even gone shopping with grand daughter via iPad where she would send a pic of outfits she was trying on for my opinion and she is 10 (of course she was with her Mom) I'm on board with anything fun and makes my life easier and my iToys do that for me.  

@mspatmac  I agree. Good for you. 👋🏻

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus  Your post made me LOL.  I don't know why, but the term "reach out" grates on my last nerve.  Everyone is "reaching out" these days.  Oh my gosh, I really hope I don't start saying that.  Hahaha

I don't do facebook, instagram, twitter or any of that stuff either.  I'm just not interested.  It does make me feel a tad out of the loop, but that's ok.  I'm not at all "high tech" but, fortunately, my five year old grandson spends a lot of time here and can help his old grandmom out in that department when necessary.  Hahahaha