Honored Contributor

I’m not on FB, can’t tweet, not on Instagram, or Snapchat, either. Wouldn’t know how.

My kids are speaking a foreign language: they “reach out” when contacting was OK. Texting when calling was fine with me. What is “deets”, “dm”, “meme” and why is networking and closure so important now?

What new words and phrases baffle you?

Frequent Contributor

You are too funny! It makes me feel good that Iam not alone in my thinking. I have no idea about alot of things. I dont do facebook, or instagram, or any of those things. To be honest I really dont want to. I could care less. I like to live in the moment. If I send a text once a day Iam good. I feel like Iam behind the times, but I dont care. I must be pretty old fashioned, and that is totally okay with me. Just know you are not alone. 

Super Contributor

I'll be 85 in October. I don't Facebook or any others. This is as far as I want to use "social media". I enjoy the chat about family and fashion. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm anonymous on twitter, I don't do facebook or instagram

one of my favorite songs is Toby Keith Don't Let The Old Man In https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z-t1B1yMMI

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

I'm anonymous on twitter, I don't do facebook or instagram

one of my favorite songs is Toby Keith Don't Let The Old Man In https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z-t1B1yMMI

@Mary Bailey   I’ll check out that song. YouTube is one thing I learned and enjoy...

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Listen up you young-uns! find someone that can help you with the basics text and message skills. Then you can move on to social media, email, and even Google searches. Even now we are expected to communicate with doctors, medicare,pharmacies and others with technology and not a land line. You may not master the jargon they use but you can learn the basics of the device.

think about who you see at church or out that uses devices. Ask them if they would help you. You may need help purchasing a new phone. Call your library, AARP, senior center to see about classes.

Apple stores will give classes--EVEN BASIC. I'll bet you can find 2-3 more that would like lessons. Tell your pastor you want to learn.

When my dad was in his 70's he was intimitated by a VCR player. Now I understand how he felt. But we can do this.

Super Contributor

@Shanus   the whole thing baffles me.

I'm afraid of where I'll be in 20 years and not a techy.

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey   Just listened to Toby Keith’s song! Love it. Now it’ll be one of my favorites, as well. Love country music of any type.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus.  You are not alone.....I have a rarely used "smart" phone.  Can't figure out how to answer it on the rare occasion that it rings.  I'm on Facebook but can't figure out how to navigate it.  Don't use any of those other things you mentioned.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

Listen up you young-uns! find someone that can help you with the basics text and message skills. Then you can move on to social media, email, and even Google searches. Even now we are expected to communicate with doctors, medicare,pharmacies and others with technology and not a land line. You may not master the jargon they use but you can learn the basics of the device.

think about who you see at church or out that uses devices. Ask them if they would help you. You may need help purchasing a new phone. Call your library, AARP, senior center to see about classes.

Apple stores will give classes--EVEN BASIC. I'll bet you can find 2-3 more that would like lessons. Tell your pastor you want to learn.

When my dad was in his 70's he was intimitated by a VCR player. Now I understand how he felt. But we can do this.

@granddi   Too funny. Changing undies, will return shortly.