Honored Contributor

Re: I Can’t believe my rotten luck!!

I can't believe it either. You seem to have your own and another's bad luck as well. I've been trying to come up with, on the positive side, and the only thing I've managed is that you're still alive and not living in the NE without electric. Not good enough is it?

I hope you feel better by April 2nd. Stay in bed under the covers on the 1st, don't tempt fate.

Honored Contributor

5th time for shingles?? There is a vaccine for it. I had shingles once and have gotten the vaccine since its invention. No more shingles for me.

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

@2blondewrote:

@NicksmomESQ  Ugh.  I feel for you.  I've had that same type of stomach/intestinal ordeal a few times.  I had to grab the nearby wastebasket while sitting on the can.   I can remember crawling on the bathroom floor because I was too weak to get up.  You have my complete sympathy.....I hope you get back to your normal self really soon!

I know the feeling.......I'm not feeling very good today.  I remember crawling to the bathroom, too.  Ended up in the hospital for a few days that time.  Nasty stuff.

Valued Contributor

@NicksmomESQ

I hope you are feeling better and up & around!

Perhaps you can get a new wallet to match your purse (if you took my original suggestion LOL).

If you didn't, you are REALLY entitled to something that brings cheer to you.

Trusted Contributor

@dexwrote:

@Vivian@My mom has Alzheimer’s too.It is the most difficult disease..hope that you have a lot of help.Cdiff is a rough one...sorry you had that added to all of your troubles.I think you are stressed to the max and your immune system is struggling.Try and eat a very healthy diet..smoothies with veggies and fruit for added strength.I like to consume a tbsp. of Manuka honey with the umf10 or above when my immune is down and also during cold and flu season.

@dex That’s good advice. Manuka honey works for about anything. Shortening the time you have the flu, digestive issues, if you have an infection anywhere in your body. Take it by the tbsp, not diluted in tea if you want the medicinal effects.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQwrote:

The last 2 1/2 months I’ve really been through it.First I had a small cavity filled that turned into a 6 week ordeal.Then I ended up with Shingles for the 5th time.Then I got a second degree burn cooking dinner.Now I have E. Coli  food poisoning!! 

I’m so sick.I can’t eat.Trying to hydrate.Stuck in bed feeling miserable in between bathroom trips!! 

OMG, I know how that "One thing after another" goes.  How awful for you @NicksmomESQ  So sorry to hear of all you've been through.

Did you see the doctor regarding E. Coli?  That can be so terrible.  When I was getting over the flu but still coughing, I had a thermos you can sip out of next to the bed so I could keep taking little sips.  It helped.

I hope you recover soon.

ps If interested, you can order one from Amazon, they come with a built in silicone straw.

Respected Contributor

@AuntGwrote:

@Vivianwrote:

Nicksmom, I wish you a speedy recovery. Your woes remind me of my recent experiences. On the day after Thanksgiving, I had to run down to NJ because my mother broke her hip. I returned home two weeks later for my knee replacement surgery. After a few days at home, I came down with C-diff, a serious intestinal infection, caused by antibiotics that were required for my surgery. I am finally recovered from that and realized that my husband’s Alzheimer’s is worsening. Life can throw you some serious curve balls sometimes.

==========

@Vivian I "hearted" your post so I thought I should clarify and say that I sympathize with what you will be going through with DH's Alzheimer's worsening.  I wish instead of a heart, they would let us select a "hugs" icon to send to those hurting.

becca lou wrote:Lots of hugs , I think this is as i'm confused who this post came from.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Noel7  Thank you friend, so much for your concern!! I’ve really been through the mill in the last 6 days. But I finally started to feel a bit better this afternoon.The pain & the bleeding have finally subsided.

DH was in contact with the doctor throughout the ordeal. He was a wreck because the doctor said he would hospitalize me if I didn’t improve by Sunday.Luckily,that won’t be necessary.

My DH & son have been wonderful.They’re taking excellent care of me!!

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQwrote:

@Noel7  Thank you friend, so much for your concern!! I’ve really been through the mill in the last 6 days. But I finally started to feel a bit better this afternoon.The pain & the bleeding have finally subsided.

DH was in contact with the doctor throughout the ordeal. He was a wreck because the doctor said he would hospitalize me if I didn’t improve by Sunday.Luckily,that won’t be necessary.

My DH & son have been wonderful.They’re taking excellent care of me!!

@NicksmomESQ

You and I are so lucky to have such caring families 😊   Take it slow for your recovery, you are going to need time.  You’ve been through so much and it’s a lot of stress for you along with being sick.

I’ll be thinking of you 🙂