Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,563
Registered: ‎10-25-2010

Re: I AM "IFFY" ABOUT FORUMS

@Chi-town girl   You' re correct that in the beginning, mods did come here to the qvc forums to see what the posters wrote.  I did as well.

 

i answered questions and fought the incorrect information that was given.

 

I did see where some  Mods on PB wanted to do something about it and there was at least one poster that they wanted to punish on PB.  I fought against that and most agreed with me that that shouldn't happen.

 

I haven't been on PB since early Oct, so I have no idea what's been going on there.

 

I do know that the Amin/ founder  has good intentions and she wants a nice fair place for people to post.  I think it was difficult to choose mods the she really did not know personally.  Once they were chosen, she was stuck with them. 

Most people are team players, no matter what.  I,  good or bad am not.  I always speak my mind. If something is wrong, I will say so.  My big mouth got me on bad terms with the team on PB.  I rocked the boat because one mod was bad news and I called her out on it.

 

I honestly hope PB will work out in the long run.  It was set up with pure intentions, but has some wrinkles that need ironed out.

 

I am sure My comments are being discussed over there and I want them to know that I do not harbor any ill will towards them.  i accept what happened and I am happy that don't have to deal with all that drama.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,667
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: I AM "IFFY" ABOUT FORUMS


@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus 

 

I think Pro Boards Q Forum Friends is easy to navigate.

The only thing I need to lock down is posting a picture. 

The drop down is almost all of the main threads here but they did have a "Royals" thread.

 

Were you having issues?  I don't think they'll maintain this board.

 

 


@ECBG   I don't see or know if there are "notifications, but can't find out if nayone has answered my questions or posts. I also don't know how to direct my reply to one poster...I only  see Quick Replies and then it disappears, I guess, to one of the last pages and I never find it agian. 


I don’t know if anyone has replied but use the Reply on the upper right hand corner and you will be able to respond to a person, there you will see the @ symbol in one of the little squares begin typing the person’s name and it will pop up and just click on it and it will add it to your post. And the notifications are on top, click profile and then the notifications tab. Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 32,065
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: I AM "IFFY" ABOUT FORUMS

ok! I just joined

 

don't know how to use it yet

under LTT1

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor
Posts: 28,670
Registered: ‎03-27-2014

Re: I AM "IFFY" ABOUT FORUMS


@Carmie wrote:

@Chi-town girl   You' re correct that in the beginning, mods did come here to the qvc forums to see what the posters wrote.  I did as well.

 

i answered questions and fought the incorrect information that was given.

 

I did see where some  Mods on PB wanted to do something about it and there was at least one poster that they wanted to punish on PB.  I fought against that and most agreed with me that that shouldn't happen.

 

I haven't been on PB since early Oct, so I have no idea what's been going on there.

 

I do know that the Amin/ founder  has good intentions and she wants a nice fair place for people to post.  I think it was difficult to choose mods the she really did not know personally.  Once they were chosen, she was stuck with them. 

Most people are team players, no matter what.  I,  good or bad am not.  I always speak my mind. If something is wrong, I will say so.  My big mouth got me on bad terms with the team on PB.  I rocked the boat because one mod was bad news and I called her out on it.

 

I honestly hope PB will work out in the long run.  It was set up with pure intentions, but has some wrinkles that need ironed out.

 

I am sure My comments are being discussed over there and I want them to know that I do not harbor any ill will towards them.  i accept what happened and I am happy that don't have to deal with all that drama.


Hey @Carmie - being a team player does not mean you should accept inappropriate behavior from another team member. I'm not questioning the intent of the Admin - I do have the impression she has the intent you describe.

 

But, yes she does have a choice in who is a Mod. She canned you didn't she without the courtesy of a discussion or notification? That's disrespectful and just plain wrong. And the mod that you describe as being inappropriate is still a mod? Not good in my view


We all have a choice in where we shop, participate and what's acceptable in terms of experience and behavior. Maybe it will be more appealing to me as an option in the future. As it is today, no thanks! 


The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,128
Registered: ‎03-19-2010

Re: I AM "IFFY" ABOUT FORUMS

@Carmie I am sorry to hear of your experience at the new board. I joined there a few days ago. After a week of not being able to get in here I was getting certain that these boards were not coming back. I wanted to keep in touch with some of the posters that I knew had gone over there. I didn't stay long that day because it took forever to get registered and then I was having a hard time navigating a new board. My intent was to go back when I had more time to figure it out. I have had 2 experiences with private boards over the past 20 years or so and said I would never join another. Both times I was banned for having open disagreements with Admins that posted. I was hoping not to hear that may be the case here.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,563
Registered: ‎10-25-2010

Re: I AM "IFFY" ABOUT FORUMS

@cody2   I hope everything works out for you over there.  i don't think it is easy to w keep a balance between being a mod and a poster especially if you get your feelings hurt easily.

 

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,218
Registered: ‎07-20-2017

Re: I AM "IFFY" ABOUT FORUMS

Until now, I have hesitated to mention that I created, moderated and ran a Proboards site for over three years about nine years ago.

 

The new site required a ton of work and I applaud the persons that did all that and in such a short amount of time. It makes me sad that the site will not work for me as I post pictures in my posts, almost without exception....that is on the Q board. I do not post from the Web. I have tried without success to post pictures and cannot accept that my pictures will be removed in a period of time by the moderators.  I understand this is how the site works but this doesn't work for me.

 

I also know, without question, that moderators should NOT also be posters. This will create problems in the future. It is a TOTAL conflict of interests.

 

I cannot understand the 'divide' among the Q site and Proboards and the posts that Carmie has stated and how she was treated, disturb me greatly. 

 

I am not one for confrontations but this whole issue makes me ponder.....everyone keeps saying the Q boards are closing. No one knows that for sure.....but the divisions have truly opened my eyes. 

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,566
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: I AM "IFFY" ABOUT FORUMS

There are generally 2 sides to every story.  We are only hearing maybe half of one side. 

JMO some things should be dealt with privately (if at all).

Honored Contributor
Posts: 28,670
Registered: ‎03-27-2014

Re: I AM "IFFY" ABOUT FORUMS


@Mj12 wrote:

There are generally 2 sides to every story.  We are only hearing maybe half of one side. 

JMO some things should be dealt with privately (if at all).


I'm glad @Carmie shared her experience. As others are doing too. The attempt to muzzle them is troubling....


The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor
Posts: 28,670
Registered: ‎03-27-2014

Re: I AM "IFFY" ABOUT FORUMS


@Regal Bee wrote:

Until now, I have hesitated to mention that I created, moderated and ran a Proboards site for over three years about nine years ago.

 

The new site required a ton of work and I applaud the persons that did all that and in such a short amount of time. It makes me sad that the site will not work for me as I post pictures in my posts, almost without exception....that is on the Q board. I do not post from the Web. I have tried without success to post pictures and cannot accept that my pictures will be removed in a period of time by the moderators.  I understand this is how the site works but this doesn't work for me.

 

I also know, without question, that moderators should NOT also be posters. This will create problems in the future. It is a TOTAL conflict of interests.

 

I cannot understand the 'divide' among the Q site and Proboards and the posts that Carmie has stated and how she was treated, disturb me greatly. 

 

I am not one for confrontations but this whole issue makes me ponder.....everyone keeps saying the Q boards are closing. No one knows that for sure.....but the divisions have truly opened my eyes. 

 

 


Thank you @Regal Bee - you have extra credibility in my eyes due to your previous experience with private boards.

 

I whole heartedly agree with you about the conflict of interest issue and it's up to the Admin to properly set guidelines, assignments and to manage it.

 

As it is now, it's not a good situation--IMO


The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri