Honored Contributor

Re: I AM "IFFY" ABOUT FORUMS

@geezerette wrote:

@Carmie 

I'm so very sorry to hear all that.  And you were doing so much to help everyone here navigate to over there.  I'm sorry that it turned out to be a bad experience for you after all your hard work.

I don't like the sound of all that, but I thank you for posting about it.  I am posting there, and it is a somewhat different vibe than here.  While I haven't noticed any overt problems as yet, I can already see the potential.  It's something I'm watching.

I always appreciate your viewpoints and helpful information on many topics.  I hope we can continue to post here for a while at least.❤️

@geezerette    I noticed they locked down the thread about Kyle Rittenhouse today after 2 pages of predictable posts, nothing earth shaking.  Made me think I was back here. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I finally am able to post here. yeah.

When  QVC forums are closed, I will be done with both forums.  As many of you know, I was a mod at on the " other" board for about two weeks.

I did not like the behind the curtain comments about some of the posters made  by the mods and one of the mods was baiting a poster.  After complaints  by several posters about a mod's Nasty postings, I deleted the mod's nasty post.

It didn't turn out very well.  That mod made my life misterable and I was denied signing on privileges.  When I finally could sign on, I asked what happened and was told I was no longer a mod.

It was fun while it lasted, but my integrity is still intact.  I don't want to be part of back stabbing that goes on behind the scenes over there.

Just in case the mods on the other forum challenge me over my comments here, I do have screen shots of the comments they made for proof.

When the QVC forums are closed for good, I will miss all my friends on here.

I have to say this is very concerning for me...............................

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@NickNack   I think you are right.  This forum will close down sometime in the near future, probably in 2022.

It will be a sad day day for many.  

@Carmie  I read your post about why you left the other forum.  I wondered what had happened and am so sorry.  I have missed you.  You have a wealth of knowledge about many things.

Day after day the whole day through, wherever my road inclined, four feet said 'I'm coming with you!' and trotted along behind. Kipling

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Regal Bee  Ditto. @Carmie How about a first initial? I have a pretty good guess about who it is.....😏 (Too bad we don't have messaging here) 😄

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Carmie    What happened to you, lady?  I've been very concerned about you, wondering if you had some sort of personal disaster.  Hope all is well.  I've really missed you. 

I am doing okay.  I just couldn't sign in to the QVC forums until today.. about a week or two. I haven't been on the Proboards since the beginning of October.  I was a mod there for about two weeks.

Everything was working well until one of the mods went off the rails and posted a nasty, rude baiting comment to a poster.  

A few posters sent an concern alert and no one wanted to handle it.  So, I deleted her comments and most of the thread as I would have for any other poster.

Well, it didn't go over well.  I sent a message to the admin and said we needed some guidelines on how to handle a mod posting that violated the rules.....and all went rogue.

The mod in question lied about what she posted and I got banned for a few days. I have screen prints of the post in queation.  When I finally was able to get back on, I found out they didn't want me as a mod any longer.  So, I just said okay and left.  

I think I am still an active member, but no longer sign on.

I was also quite in disagreement with the behind the scenes comments about some posters and how some people needed to be watched and monitored for comments they made on the QVC forums....which I felt was none of our business as Mods.

Anyway, I am not mad or upset.  It is what it is.  The mods were all great except one who said she had trouble with me in the past who also posted the nasty comment..I don't remember her at all from the QVC forums.

I am not gonna worry about it.  The mod who caused me problems is now not my problem. I don't have to deal with her, her lies or nastiness.

I have no problems with the ProBoards but feel very unwelcome because I didn't  play favorites and allow a fellow Mod a pass for bad behavior.

I hope all is well with you.  I will continue to post on QVC until this board is no more.

Thanks for worrying about me.  

Honored Contributor

@Carmie   Sorry that happened to you. Wherever we go, there are some who just don't play nicely in the sandbox. It's unfortunate.

Respected Contributor

@BoopOMatic,  I guess it's against the rules to say lol. I'm not there but I know the person and know exactly the Poster who was at the end of the nasty remarks.

It's a guessing game.

Respected Contributor

Glad to see so many Posters here. Hope it continues.

Respected Contributor

(thread title)

Me too! Can't even get on my most recent Bulletin Board ID(handle) as me! Hmm.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Carmie    I feel badly when anyone volunteers for grunt work then gets kicked in the teeth in thanks.  Sounds like they've got a problem person and are too chicken to cope with her.  Too bad as it could ruin the board.  It appears the group owes you an apology, especially since you can prove you were right.  I don't blame you for not going back. 

Glad to hear you are otherwise well. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment