Respected Contributor

Re: I AM "IFFY" ABOUT FORUMS

@Carmie 

So sorry to hear this.  Thank you for helping to get the other board going so we could have a place when this forum shuts down.  Guess we should all be wary.

I have been busy helping a family member and I have missed a lot I guess.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Trusted Contributor

@Carmie  I too wondered where you were.. sorry that happened to you.  Life is too short to have to deal with some people.  I had to end a very long relationship with someone 3 years ago... I feel better for it.  

Glad you are back here posting.  Hopefully things will settle down here for a while anyway.  

Have a good evening....DW

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lots of predictions  since the Boards  came up. It's on every Thread so far. Can someone please predict when the pandemic will be over?

Trusted Contributor

@Carmie  I'm so sorry that this happened to you. You have always been IMO an upstanding and no nonsense get things done kind of person. As well as helpful and knowledgeable poster.

Funny, I was in a forum years ago where something like this happened. The posters were their own mods and admins. I was there from hour one. We had all been on a different forum that was being heavily moderated. Sounds familiar? lol.

I just could not believe how posters that I really liked and enjoyed suddenly where power tripping on their "friends". It was ridiculous. The forum hobbled on for 11 months and then the chief culprit finally admitted the error of her ways. It was sad. She knew her and her alone ruined the forum. This stuff does happen where power is involved. The forum was shutdown.

I have no idea the who, what or when of your situation. I am grateful for my ignorance. It doesn't matter to me. I hope I am able to stay ignorant. I come here or Proboards to escape our daily reality in this time of our world. Everything in the world is so heavy right now.

What is the point of backbiting and being mean? We all CHOSE to be here or there. We are all supposed to be friends. I will say a small prayer for the mod over there that did this to you to have a more enjoyable life than the one she seems to be living.

Hang in there Carmie.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

Lots of predictions  since the Boards  came up. It's on every Thread so far. Can someone please predict when the pandemic will be over?

@Sage04    The end is nowhere in sight.  My state now has the highest per capita incidence of covid in the US.  The hospitals are in a state of emergency.  Right now on the local news they're telling people what to do if they become seriously ill.  It's possible we'll never be free of this scourge. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Eileen in Virginia wrote:

I don't use Facebook and have no intention of using it. I became a member of the Q forum on Proboards when it was established and have been able to navigate it pretty easily. I haven't been able to add pictures, mainly because my pictures are too large for that forum. That's okay, I never added pictures to my posts here, either. Like myself, many of the posters from these forums turned to the Proboards forums when QVC announced its intention to terminate these forums. 

Today was the first day I've been able to log onto this forum in a week. Call me a sceptic, but I don't think this forum will last. If it looks like most/many users transfer to Facebook, QVC will probably terminate these boards. 

@Eileen in Virginia 

If you aren't posting your personal picture, you can go through a third party server.  I used Igmur very easily.  Give it a try.

@ECBG  Thanks, I'll give it a try when I'm feeling adventurous!

Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

(thread title)

Me too! Can't even get on my most recent Bulletin Board ID(handle) as me! Hmm.

hckynut 

@hckynutjohn   No wories, John. Anytime I see anything relating to hockey, I know it's my buddy John. 😂

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

My feelings are the same now as before all the drama started.   

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I finally am able to post here. yeah.

When  QVC forums are closed, I will be done with both forums.  As many of you know, I was a mod at on the " other" board for about two weeks.

I did not like the behind the curtain comments about some of the posters made  by the mods and one of the mods was baiting a poster.  After complaints  by several posters about a mod's Nasty postings, I deleted the mod's nasty post.

It didn't turn out very well.  That mod made my life misterable and I was denied signing on privileges.  When I finally could sign on, I asked what happened and was told I was no longer a mod.

It was fun while it lasted, but my integrity is still intact.  I don't want to be part of back stabbing that goes on behind the scenes over there.

Just in case the mods on the other forum challenge me over my comments here, I do have screen shots of the comments they made for proof.

When the QVC forums are closed for good, I will miss all my friends on here.

@Carmie - thank you for posting this update. I had concerns on day#1 of the launch of that forum and more so after reading some of the posts there. 

The setup of the PB moderation is a concern - it sets the tone and integrity of the site. Moderators that are also posters is a conflict of interest. Power play pitch is down the middle of the plate. I have a strong suspicion of the reckless mod that you mention and it's good you took screen shots.

No surprise either to see the PB cheerleaders that run around here like manics ignoring your concerns and acting like nothing is wrong.

I also find it creepy and inappropriate for those PB mods to be lurking here to monitor and challenge what we post here about that site. One even posted a warning here that they will attack other posters who dare to challenge them or that place. They are persona non grata in my book and it casts a dark cloud over that entire enterprise. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri