Honored Contributor

After so many days (over a week?) of not being able to sign in, I'm leary of these forums. I think they'll end after the holidays. 

I also went to the "other forum" and see they have over 1000 members and I don't recognize many posters here anymore. 

This forum is easier for me to navigate, but Plan B, as someone mentioned, is to learn my way around the new boards because I don't trust these Q forums anymore.  

Honored Contributor

Re: I AM "IFFY" ABOUT FORUMS

@Shanus 

I think Pro Boards Q Forum Friends is easy to navigate.

The only thing I need to lock down is posting a picture. 

The drop down is almost all of the main threads here but they did have a "Royals" thread.

Were you having issues?  I don't think they'll maintain this board.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus 

The drop down is almost all of the main threads here but they did have a "Royals" thread.

@ECBG   I don't see or know if there are "notifications, but can't find out if nayone has answered my questions or posts. I also don't know how to direct my reply to one poster...I only  see Quick Replies and then it disappears, I guess, to one of the last pages and I never find it agian. 

Honored Contributor

Well, what do you know.  I got beyond the sign in page.  I don't know what to think at this stage.  I'm just praying they don't chop the forums, ever. With all of Facebook's negative publicity one would think they might reconsider.

Honored Contributor

@depglass   Facebook will never be an option for me. I keep noticing they "push" that option which leads me to believe the forums are short lived.

Honored Contributor

I evidently have a Facebook account, as I'm able to keep tabs on the few people I check on occasionally.  I just type their name followed by facebook.  I never see a home page  or suggestions to read up on some latest possible conspiracy.  No ads, either.  Go figure. I have a couple friends who claim to get all their news from Facebook and they are woefully misinformed on many subjects.

Honored Contributor

I signed up for the FB qvc page to see how it was.  It's not a place to chat about anything but qvc's products.  Nothing like this forum at all.  I left the same day I joined.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus 

@ECBG   I don't see or know if there are "notifications, but can't find out if nayone has answered my questions or posts. I also don't know how to direct my reply to one poster...I only  see Quick Replies and then it disappears, I guess, to one of the last pages and I never find it agian. 

I’ll try to help you.

After you are logged in at the top of the page under “q forum friends” is an option labeled “profile”. Click on that. Then you will see an option at the top of that page an option labeled “notifications”. Click on that and you will see a list of posters who liked or quoted or tagged you.  

When you want to reply, instead of typing in the quick reply box, click on the “reply” button right above it. A box will open up to type your reply in. You will see some icons at the top of this box and one is an icon of an @ sign with a picture of a little man (I think it is fifth from the right as you look at them). Click on that and a small box opens that you can type in a posters name and when you see the right name click on it and it will insert into your reply box

Respected Contributor

I don't use Facebook and have no intention of using it. I became a member of the Q forum on Proboards when it was established and have been able to navigate it pretty easily. I haven't been able to add pictures, mainly because my pictures are too large for that forum. That's okay, I never added pictures to my posts here, either. Like myself, many of the posters from these forums turned to the Proboards forums when QVC announced its intention to terminate these forums. 

Today was the first day I've been able to log onto this forum in a week. Call me a sceptic, but I don't think this forum will last. If it looks like most/many users transfer to Facebook, QVC will probably terminate these boards. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus 

——————

I won’t try to answer your questions here because I don’t want to get banned(potentially), however there is a help section that would assist you and individuals will respond to any questions too. Once you learn the basics, you can take advantage of other options as well such as direct messaging to other posters, a quick look at posts you have responded to, etc.