Honored Contributor

Re: I AM "IFFY" ABOUT FORUMS

Thanks to all who replied and shared their opinions and circumstances. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

There are always 3 sides to every story; your side, the other side and the truth. And,  while no one person may be lying, memories shared serve each differently.  

The point being; to side with one side without hearing the other side is unfair.  If it wasn't, then we would have no need for trials and juries in our country.  

Why would someone's experience posted here not be taken at face value?

Have never seen the "other side" of any experience posted, why would you question someone now?  

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Super Contributor

ProBoards are fine.  I've been there since the beginning with absolutely no problem.  I'm sorry some have experienced the McAfee incident. All of that has been clearly explained here by others who have a better knowledge of computers than me.

I have no qualms about posting there and am grateful that it's there.

In the meantime, QVC is still waving the same old banner.  No word about anything.  Nada.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I don't do well with changes and it takes me a long time to figure new things out.  I am going to sit tight here as I feel comfortable here and am familiar with so many of the posters.  I feel sad that so many have left to go to the new place, but I certainly understand and don't blame anyone for doing so.  I did sign on to the other place initially and then the day before the Q decided to reinstate the forum here, I closed it out because I was not understanding very well how it worked and was discouraged.  I applaud the posters who got the other one set up and they worked very hard.  I will stay here as long as this one is open. I haven't read any of the other replies to this post, but I hope everyone will not leave here.  It seems this whole thing of the Q deciding to close the forums and then saying they will leave them open and then this recent event of people (self included) not being able to sign in for quite a few days, has perhaps created a feeling of unease and uncertainty.... 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@Shanus  I always look for your "blue" posts. I appreciate your beauty expertise and Jewish Heritage as learn a lot from you. 

Thankyou for continuing to post. I know some Posters have not been kind to you in the past. I am glad younare here.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@ciao_bella wrote:

There are always 3 sides to every story; your side, the other side and the truth. And,  while no one person may be lying, memories shared serve each differently.  

The point being; to side with one side without hearing the other side is unfair.  If it wasn't, then we would have no need for trials and juries in our country.  

Have never seen the "other side" of any experience posted, why would you question someone now?  

My post is merely stating that there are different sides to every story/situation.   No one is being 'questioned' nor am I suggesting that what someone says in not true or correct. As a matter of fact, I make that quite clear in my original statement.  My statement is completely unbiased.  But are you unbiased in your statements?

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@ciao_bella wrote:

My post is merely stating that there are different sides to every story/situation.   No one is being 'questioned' nor am I suggesting that what someone says in not true or correct. As a matter of fact, I make that quite clear in my original statement.  My statement is completely unbiased.  But are you unbiased in your statements?

¹

Posters experiences go "unchecked" here all the time and are taken for face value.  Having been on private boards before I find this story to be completely believable since I have seen these things played out before.  So your attempt to mitigate the situation will not work with many.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@ciao_bella wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@ciao_bella wrote:

¹

Posters experiences go "unchecked" here all the time and are taken for face value.  Having been on private boards before I find this story to be completely believable since I have seen these things played out before.  So your attempt to mitigate the situation will not work with many.

You've made my point even clearer with your last post!  Just because experiences go 'unchecked' all the time, is exactly why they shouldn't be taken for face value!   No one other than the parties involved know exactly what happened.  Not you, not me, not anyone!  So, your attempt to side with one side without knowing all the facts, again, is BIASED!

No need to drag this conversation out any longer.  I stand by what I said.  

Have a nice day!

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@ciao_bella wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@ciao_bella wrote:

¹

You've made my point even clearer with your last post!  Just because experiences go 'unchecked' all the time, is exactly why they shouldn't be taken for face value!   No one other than the parties involved know exactly what happened.  Not you, not me, not anyone!  So, your attempt to side with one side without knowing all the facts, again, is BIASED!

No need to drag this conversation out any longer.  I stand by what I said.  

Have a nice day!

Well if the parties involved want to clear the air, they can.  If not, well can only go by what is known.  

Honored Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

@Shanus  I always look for your "blue" posts. I appreciate your beauty expertise and Jewish Heritage as learn a lot from you. 

Thankyou for continuing to post. I know some Posters have not been kind to you in the past. I am glad younare here.

@Gorgf   Thank you. I do get jabs from the same posters...been going on for years. I think there are others who have experienced negativity on every forum/board. I'm not going anywhere.