Honored Contributor

Re: I AM "IFFY" ABOUT FORUMS

@NickNack   I think you are right.  This forum will close down sometime in the near future, probably in 2022.

It will be a sad day day for many.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@sunshine45   thank you.  I am over it, none worse for the wear.

I guess because I am not a person to stay quite when some thing is not right....I am not considered to be a team player.  I am used to it and don't intend to change.

@Carmie   Hey Kachina was asking about you.  She really misses you!   

Frequent Contributor

As I stated in my post, it may not be everyone's cup of tea.

I, for one, recognize we each have the ability to make our own choices, and I do respect those choices once made. I made the choice to post how I felt about the comments I read. No one has to agree with my post, but I do think my choice to post my feelings should be respected.

I agree with you. There is no right or wrong in this scenario which is why I'm glad nothing in my post was derogatory or nasty.

If you feel otherwise, I don't have to agree with you, but I will respect your viewpoint.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I finally am able to post here. yeah.

When  QVC forums are closed, I will be done with both forums.  As many of you know, I was a mod at on the " other" board for about two weeks.

I did not like the behind the curtain comments about some of the posters made  by the mods and one of the mods was baiting a poster.  After complaints  by several posters about a mod's Nasty postings, I deleted the mod's nasty post.

It didn't turn out very well.  That mod made my life misterable and I was denied signing on privileges.  When I finally could sign on, I asked what happened and was told I was no longer a mod.

It was fun while it lasted, but my integrity is still intact.  I don't want to be part of back stabbing that goes on behind the scenes over there.

Just in case the mods on the other forum challenge me over my comments here, I do have screen shots of the comments they made for proof.

When the QVC forums are closed for good, I will miss all my friends on here.

And so it begins...

And it won't end.  How long will it take you to post about my comments here  on the other forum?

Sorry to disappoint but not over there.  Private boards ALWAYS turn into drama concerning control.  You are just the first, am sure there will be many more.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

After so many days (over a week?) of not being able to sign in, I'm leary of these forums. I think they'll end after the holidays. 

I also went to the "other forum" and see they have over 1000 members and I don't recognize many posters here anymore. 

This forum is easier for me to navigate, but Plan B, as someone mentioned, is to learn my way around the new boards because I don't trust these Q forums anymore.  

You have another option, why come here to complain about how awful it is.  Life is short move on to somewhere you can be happy

@CrazyDaisy  For some people complaining IS what makes them happy

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@catter70 wrote:

I tried to just look around at the Proboards the other day, but I guess you actually have to be a member and don't know if I'm interested in doing that. Especially if it's not the same as what we have here. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

@catter70  I'm signed in to proboards, but find it user unfriendly.  Hope these don't close.

@Patriot3     If you are a mature adult, you should realize that everything seems hard and complicated until you become familiar with it.  Then it's a snap.  You learn it by diving in, using it, experimenting with it, and having a good time with all the other newbies who are also learning it.  It's very much like the Q Boards and no more complicated, with some nice features.  Did you ever wish you could send another poster a private message?  You can on the Proforums. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Well said @Kachina624 !  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Carmie    What happened to you, lady?  I've been very concerned about you, wondering if you had some sort of personal disaster.  Hope all is well.  I've really missed you. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus 

I think Pro Boards Q Forum Friends is easy to navigate.

The only thing I need to lock down is posting a picture. 

The drop down is almost all of the main threads here but they did have a "Royals" thread.

Were you having issues?  I don't think they'll maintain this board.

@ECBG   I don't see or know if there are "notifications, but can't find out if nayone has answered my questions or posts. I also don't know how to direct my reply to one poster...I only  see Quick Replies and then it disappears, I guess, to one of the last pages and I never find it agian. 

@Shanus 

This is one new thing we learned.  Go under "Profile" and you will have the notifications tab.

LOVE when we "@" someone, their avatar coms up with their name!")

Honored Contributor

@Eileen in Virginia wrote:

I don't use Facebook and have no intention of using it. I became a member of the Q forum on Proboards when it was established and have been able to navigate it pretty easily. I haven't been able to add pictures, mainly because my pictures are too large for that forum. That's okay, I never added pictures to my posts here, either. Like myself, many of the posters from these forums turned to the Proboards forums when QVC announced its intention to terminate these forums. 

Today was the first day I've been able to log onto this forum in a week. Call me a sceptic, but I don't think this forum will last. If it looks like most/many users transfer to Facebook, QVC will probably terminate these boards. 

@Eileen in Virginia 

If you aren't posting your personal picture, you can go through a third party server.  I used Igmur very easily.  Give it a try.