Respected Contributor

Re: I AM "IFFY" ABOUT FORUMS

I tried to just look around at the Proboards the other day, but I guess you actually have to be a member and don't know if I'm interested in doing that. Especially if it's not the same as what we have here. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

There is a very good "Help" section there with many threads about how to do various things.  Just scroll down the home page to find it.  Everyone is very helpful--just ask any question you may have and I guarantee someone will answer.  In any thread.

You just have to take some time familiarizing yourself with the pages and sections.  We all were in the same boat when we started.  While it's not exactly like this place, once you get used to it, it's a great alternative.  And in some ways, it's better.😉

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus 

I think Pro Boards Q Forum Friends is easy to navigate.

The only thing I need to lock down is posting a picture. 

The drop down is almost all of the main threads here but they did have a "Royals" thread.

Were you having issues?  I don't think they'll maintain this board.

@ECBG   I don't see or know if there are "notifications, but can't find out if nayone has answered my questions or posts. I also don't know how to direct my reply to one poster...I only  see Quick Replies and then it disappears, I guess, to one of the last pages and I never find it agian. 

@Shanus    There are pages on the Proforums of "posters helping posters" that thoroughly explain every aspect of posting on that board.  It's really quite simple and very much like this board.  All you need do is take the time to glance over the subjects discussed for what you don't understand. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

After so many days (over a week?) of not being able to sign in, I'm leary of these forums. I think they'll end after the holidays. 

I also went to the "other forum" and see they have over 1000 members and I don't recognize many posters here anymore. 

This forum is easier for me to navigate, but Plan B, as someone mentioned, is to learn my way around the new boards because I don't trust these Q forums anymore.  

You have another option, why come here to complain about how awful it is.  Life is short move on to somewhere you can be happy

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus 

I think Pro Boards Q Forum Friends is easy to navigate.

The only thing I need to lock down is posting a picture. 

The drop down is almost all of the main threads here but they did have a "Royals" thread.

Were you having issues?  I don't think they'll maintain this board.

@ECBG   I don't see or know if there are "notifications, but can't find out if nayone has answered my questions or posts. I also don't know how to direct my reply to one poster...I only  see Quick Replies and then it disappears, I guess, to one of the last pages and I never find it agian. 

I’ll try to help you.

After you are logged in at the top of the page under “q forum friends” is an option labeled “profile”. Click on that. Then you will see an option at the top of that page an option labeled “notifications”. Click on that and you will see a list of posters who liked or quoted or tagged you.  

When you want to reply, instead of typing in the quick reply box, click on the “reply” button right above it. A box will open up to type your reply in. You will see some icons at the top of this box and one is an icon of an @ sign with a picture of a little man (I think it is fifth from the right as you look at them). Click on that and a small box opens that you can type in a posters name and when you see the right name click on it and it will insert into your reply box

@itsmagic  Thanks for your time to post this, but this sounds like a lot to go thru to answer or post.  This forum is so easy to navigate.  I am signed in on pro boards, but do not find it user friendly.  I hope they don't shut down this forum!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@catter70 wrote:

I tried to just look around at the Proboards the other day, but I guess you actually have to be a member and don't know if I'm interested in doing that. Especially if it's not the same as what we have here. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

@catter70  I'm signed in to proboards, but find it user unfriendly.  Hope these don't close.

Honored Contributor

I'm a member of the Proboards and I find it very easy to navigate and very user friendly.

Everyone should have a Plan B in place because this forum will be going down in the near future.  

If you want a place to post with over 1000 Q forum members, come on over to the proboards.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  - You'll feel more comfortable posting over there after you get used to it.  Lots of friendly help over there.

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3   Thank you. I printed out your helpful instructions to have them when I go the boards.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy   Thanks I do post on both, but am not the ONLY one complaining about these forums.