Esteemed Contributor

@Shiloh09, it's done and you have apologized.  The ball is in your brother's court now.  I wouldn't continue to beat myself up about it.  He might stew over it for awhile but he will get over it and you will too.  LM

Honored Contributor

Obviously brother started by telling you, and then for whatever reason never made those other calls.   I think he should've called you back and let you know he had decided not to tell anyone else, instead of leaving you with the assumption the rest of the family knew what you knew.  

If your brother wanted "profound respect for his privacy", he should've kept his marriage details to himself.   He drew you into his drama, and now wants to put the sibling pressure that's aimed at him for not sharing, on you.   If he can't "man up" and see his mistake in this, I'd be willing to bet he's possibly made a few other mistakes that have contributed to the separation.   

Don't feel guilty.

Respected Contributor

@on the bay  Hello, may I make a suggestion that  you use a larger font? this small print is difficult on the eyes.  Thank you.

Honored Contributor

@Big Sister-

That is so weird! Someone else once said that. I am using a chromebook-I wonder if that is why because I am using the #2 font and mine look large compared to others or just as large.

This is the #3 font and it looks huge!

Are you using an iphone?

When I use my iphone, all the print is so small too!

I don't know what to do. if anyone has any suggestions or can let me know whats going on with the prints, I'd be most welcome!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I'm soooooo glad I have a very small family. 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Big Sister-

That is so weird! Someone else once said that. I am using a chromebook-I wonder if that is why because I am using the #2 font and mine look large compared to others or just as large.

This is the #3 font and it looks huge!

Are you using an iphone?

When I use my iphone, all the print is so small too!

I don't know what to do. if anyone has any suggestions or can let me know whats going on with the prints, I'd be most welcome!

@on the bay  Hello, your No. 3 font looks much better.  I don't use an iphone, but am using my laptop pc.  The No. 3 is not HUGE; it's just right.

Honored Contributor

He was testing the waters, in case he needed to come live with you ??????

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I feel for you because I think this happens a lot with family and friends and you obviously were put on the spot by relatives who you thought would have been told.

You don't sound at all like you wanted to gossip or intrude on your brother's privacy.

Sometimes a close family member will ask me how so and so is doing? Most of the time, I say well you can always call and ask yourself because I don't feel comfortable updating them on everything. Other times I just try to give the minimum that the other person wouldn't mind me sharing.

But I really do think that close family members should ask or call the person themselves if they want to know how they are and also that its that other persons story to tell. You shouldn't have to feel that you are the news bearer for all in the family. Thats not fair to you. 

I would probably tell your brother that you only told them based on what he told you-that he was telling all his siblings. And I would say I was sorry but it really isn't your fault. Perhaps he really only felt comfortable sharing with you and also hoped by telling you he would tell the others that he was really telling you, you don't have to say anything because he was going to but really not wanting to tell them at all! 

(and I know that sounds confusing but you will probably understand cause I totally understood your postSmiley Happy

Its always kind of upsetting but just think well, I'll start over again from here.(and know not to be put in that kind of situation hopefully again.)

Your print is way too small.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

The fault lies with him. He stated that he would inform the others and he did not. If he had no intention of sharing that information than it was wrong for him to burden you with it as well. Ease up on yourself. You did nothing wrong. Do not fret over family functions. He is an adult and can deal with his own "stuff". Enough time has past and you need to calm yourself and not worry about the other "stuff" created by him.  

I usually try not to agree to keep silent on family matters if asked...or request a specific time frame. Especially in a large family, staying in or out of the loop, I'm bound to slip up somewhere. 

Honored Contributor

@Big Sister-

Thank you! 

I guess it must be this chromebook which is not always compatible with all websites-that's what I've heard anyway.

To me, my print looks a lot larger than others so that must be it.

So thank you!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"