Respected Contributor

Re: Husband texting other women

Both DH and I have platonic friends of the opposite sex that we occasionally text with or have a cup of coffee with. Because we love, respect and like each other, there is no suspicions or questions about our relationships with others. If either of us has ever had an issue, we simply talk about it and come to a mutually agreeable outcome. One does not dictate to the other who they can speak to or who they can associate with.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

I do not understand why some men get married? He texts another women and does not let you see the text... something else is going on. I would have a nice long talk with him. Trust? Again Something else might be going on?

Honored Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

I do not understand why some men get married? He texts another women and does not let you see the text... something else is going on. I would have a nice long talk with him. Trust? Again Something else might be going on?

If she trusted him she would have no need to see his texts and would accept that he's grown up and can have friends of either sex!!!   I probably have more male friends than female ones and often get calls from one of them or meet them for lunch or drinks or to go somewhere that is of interest to us and not my SO.  I would probably do the same by deleting everything if my SO showed such demanding behavior.  If he did that I would be extremely offended and hurt that he doubted me and that would be the first indication that he was exhibiting jealous behavior and about to become controlling!  He never would though.  I'd probably end it there  because once jealously and controlling behavior takes hold the relationship is never the same and never can be!!!  Both of us refuse to live in a world with nonsensical jealously.  If you don't trust him that is your issue and not his.  Spying on him and making demands will only alienat him if he is doing nothing wrong and if he is having an affair it won't accomplish anything and it's over either way!  Once you doubt him the damage is done!!!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pook

You totally misunderstand me.  I see nothing wrong with friendships between men and women as long as it's above board.  Flirting for married people is wrong on so many levels in my book.

We are obviously not going to agree on this, Pook. The op was truely upset over this.  I would have been, too.  What more can I say.  I think it best for me to shut my mouth up now and wish the op well whatever she decides.  I wish you well, too.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

If she trusted him she would have no need to see his texts and would accept that he's grown up and can have friends of either sex!!!   I probably have more male friends than female ones and often get calls from one of them or meet them for lunch or drinks or to go somewhere that is of interest to us and not my SO.  I would probably do the same by deleting everything if my SO showed such demanding behavior.  If he did that I would be extremely offended and hurt that he doubted me and that would be the first indication that he was exhibiting jealous behavior and about to become controlling!  He never would though.  I'd probably end it there  because once jealously and controlling behavior takes hold the relationship is never the same and never can be!!!  Both of us refuse to live in a world with nonsensical jealously.  If you don't trust him that is your issue and not his.  Spying on him and making demands will only alienat him if he is doing nothing wrong and if he is having an affair it won't accomplish anything and it's over either way!  Once you doubt him the damage is done!!!  

Your long winded response is so ridiculous, you have to open up a conversation or else he will keep doing it. It is wrong on many levels to hide these conversations from the wife. Trust can only be established if the couple are honest with each other. Enough said!!!!

Valued Contributor

What would I do if it was my Hubby thats simple. Get his cell phone and ram it up his ***. Pack his clothes and throw him OUT! ASAP! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jubilant wrote:

@Pook

You totally misunderstand me.  I see nothing wrong with friendships between men and women as long as it's above board.  Flirting for married people is wrong on so many levels in my book.

We are obviously not going to agree on this, Pook. The op was truely upset over this.  I would have been, too.  What more can I say.  I think it best for me to shut my mouth up now and wish the op well whatever she decides.  I wish you well, too.

I agree with you.... on so many levels this is wrong. 

Esteemed Contributor

@cactusgal wrote:

What would I do if it was my Hubby thats simple. Get his cell phone and ram it up his ***. Pack his clothes and throw him OUT! ASAP! 

If my husband did this to me ... I would make sure he would not be able use his cell phone again.......ever

Esteemed Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

OMG! If that is the way you have a relationship fine but, do not tell the O/P how she should act in this situation. She is very upset and started a thread to get some insight some helpful advice your long winded post back to me was well not what she wanted to read. And it was more hurtful then helpful to the O/P.

Esteemed Contributor

The fact that it is flirtacious and you think crossed the line, is reason enough that it needs to end. My husband get calls about his job from mainly men, but occaisionally two different women. I can hear the whole thing. Its all business, but if there were ever flirting involved, I would be upset.

We should have respect for our significant others.