Respected Contributor

Re: Husband texting other women

When did 63 become middle age ?

Honored Contributor

@BoGo7 wrote:

Does this bother any body besides me?

My DH was texting an "old-coworker" until I stopped it.  Messages became very flirtatious ... and I thought he crossed-the-line,"    Not ever checking his phone, one day I grabbed his cell to check the WeatherApp, and saw his last post on the bottom of the screen.   Naturally, I got the "we're just kidding around / just old friends BS."  

What would you do?   He's 63~!

@BoGo7   Hmmm.... my husband is 64....I would be very upset if I found such texting going on with ANY OTHER WOMAN.  Old friend or new friend.....I would be really ticked off....and do not know if I could forgive him or trust him again.....

Contributor

(I am the OP) .... Thanks ladies for your observations, suggestions, stories, as this really drove me to a depression (and I used to be a strong person).   

Innocent or not, NO MARRIED MAN needs to text a woman with flirtatious innuendos ... I only read their last three texts (I could not read more previous texts as I was overcome with disbelief... apparently there were 3 months of various back & forth texts (they worked together & both laid off, that is when it started).   

Yes, I actually went thru the AT&T records reviewing times, dates and frequency.  My biggest question to DH was asking if it was innocent, why did you immediately deleted the entire conversation, why not show me and prove it was nothing?    No answer could be given.  I only mentioned his age because he is over the midlife crisis time period. She is single, living with her boyfriend. 

Thanks to all for caring.

Honored Contributor

How does a woman "put a stop to it"?

Take his phone away?  Give him a curfew?  Take away his computer privileges?

Some responses sound like mommies dealing with their kids.

Honored Contributor

@Leggett28 wrote:

When did 63 become middle age ?

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, middle age is the ages between 45 and 65.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@BoGo7  I probably would not like it.  How would DH feel if you started texting an old flame?  I believe it can cause problems in your marriage.  He needs to text you and keep the flames burning so they say.  Once trust is broken so is the marriage.

there can easily be a big difference between an "old coworker" and an "old flame."

The can also be both at the same time.  It's tough out there for older women looking for a man and some of them just go after what they want.  They know how to play on a man's ego.

Yes, those poor, innocent older men must be careful when  desperate older women go after them!  LOL

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@BoGo7  Wow!!  Such jealousy could just push a man to really have an affair!!!  It is possible to have platonic friendships with the opposite sex!  When you work with someone for years, you spend more time awake with them than with your spouse.  Being a bit jokingly flirtatious at times is normal as I see it and never bothers me.  My SO and I worked at the same place and had many great co worker friends of the opposite sex and often there was a  lot of kidding around and flirty joking with them.  That got us through the day often.  We worked on different floors and often didn't see each other all day and often did associate with these friends outside of work either with each  other or by ourselves.  I don't want to be joined at the hip to anyone!!    What a stifling life it would be having to limit your friendships to same sex ones.  Either you respect and trust him enough to have female friends  or not and if not then leave him so you both can have a life where jealousy isn't an issue!   You cannot force someone to love you enough to give up normal friendships!

Honored Contributor

I have seen way too many people hurt and marriages broken up that started with an "innocent" friendship with a friend, church member, co-worker.....you name it.  All people have highs and lows in their marriage.  Some days we love our spouses more than other days and visa versa. Given the right set of circumstances it could happen to anyone.  You may say, that would never happen to me.  Do you know how many times I have heard that????  Let's be honest people can be attracted to more than one person in this life.  Just sayin. 

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

How does a woman "put a stop to it"?

Take his phone away?  Give him a curfew?  Take away his computer privileges?

Some responses sound like mommies dealing with their kids.

First of all I would have blocked that number on his phone

Easy peasy

Hope he gets the message.

Super Contributor

I trusted my husband when he was texting another woman.  We have been divorced 10 years.  He left me for her, but they didn't work out.  Don't let your marriage crumble like I did - don't trust him.  Stop  it.  I wish I had done that.